Mower blade doesn’t spin. Green (greenish yellowish light) quickly flashes once every 5ish seconds

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Self propelled mower will not rotate blade. It will drive forward. The led headlights will turn on. Indicator light on back flashes green (yellowish green) quickly approximately every 5 seconds when I attempt to start mower blade.
Photo of Rob Wiser

Rob Wiser

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • never had a problem in months of use. Mower not working.

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Ken

Ken

• 70 Points
Same thing happened to me....told me to take it to Home Depot to get fixed..HD said they would just box it up and send it to them... Got Ego back on the line and they eventually sent me a new one and I shipped the original one back...not sure what happened...no follow up... but I heard another user opened theirs up and there was a blown fuse?...
My replacement works fine!...

Photo of peter

peter

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same thing happened to mine. It took over a week to get s hold of customer service. Finally they told me to take it to the Home Depot. They have had it for over a week, and haven't heard anything from anyone. Not satisfied with the process, at all.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 72,584 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Peter, you don't have to wait for someone from HD to call. Be proactive and call them. It's your tool that's being repaired. Stay on top of it. 
The squeaky wheel...
Photo of Ken

Ken

• 70 Points
Agreed in fact unless you live next door to HD don't bother..I asked which HD's actually did repairs and Customer service said they didn't have that information (I'm between 2 each 40 miles away)...
I would just demand a replacement..
Photo of Rob Wiser

Rob Wiser

I called customer service and they got me all taken care of in about 20 minutes for a repair/replacement (plus 3 minutes of me calling and requesting a call back). I'm still not sure what exactly was wrong with it, but the fact that they are taking care of it is good enough for me (I am still curious, but such is life).
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,500 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good to hear you are being taken care of Rob.
Just curious, did you take it in for repair or is Ego sending you a replacement ?
Photo of Rob Wiser

Rob Wiser

Sorry for the delay. Ego is sending a replacement. Based on age of mower (couple months) and the suspected problem, it was cheaper for them to send a replacement than try to deal with it.