mower battery not connecting on my lm2100 mower

• Problem
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
I bought my LM2100 mower about a month ago.  I only used it once and now I mowed part of my yard left and came back a few hours later.  My battery was charging while I was gone with a full charge.  It started as I ran it across the driveway but than it stopped and the battery isn't making a connection whatsoever as the indicator light nor the headlights will come on while the battery pack is seated properly.  How can I correct this problem?
Photo of Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 80,404 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Make sure the contacts on the battery and the mower are clean and there is nothing in the battery bay obstructing contact.
Make sure the battery clicks into place.
If still no headlights with a charged battery - the easiest thing is to return it to HD for a replacement.

Also if you have another battery you can try swaping that in to see if your results change.
Photo of Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe

how would you clean the contacts because they look clean but could be the problem.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 175,706 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If the battery is fully seated and the contacts are clean there may be another issue.
Photo of Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe

Yes the battery is fully seated and the contacts are fully clean.  However the headlights nor the power indicator is coming on.  I posted on another thread about 3 contacts being there.  The +, D & - are there on the lawnmower.  It is missing the T contact.  You stated that the newer tools don't have them but I looked on my weed-eater and it has ALL 4 contacts.  Not sure if this is the issue or not because it doesn't appear to be missing although it is rough when I touch the area where there would be a T contact. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 175,706 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The 4th contact is not used, even if the tool has it. Newer tools don’t have the contact, older tools do but it’s not used.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 7,762 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Experts - could it be the handles not extended fully?
Photo of Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe

Handles are extended fully and locked in place.  Already checked it out.
Photo of Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe

Any other solutions to this problem?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 80,404 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Did you buy it new from HD ?
Then.....
Return it to HD for a new mower
or
Call Ego customer service
1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday)
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 58,276 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, the easiest thing if you bought it at Home Depot is to just swap it out. They have a 90-day return/exchange policy (a year if you bought it with a Home Depot credit card).