Moving to UK

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Is there a charger that will work on 220v

I will be moving from the USA to the UK and was wondering if I can recharge my EGO batteries by simply using a plug adapter or will I need a new battery charger?
Photo of Lloyd Hardin

Lloyd Hardin

  • 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Jason Mondale

Jason Mondale

  • 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Why not call customer service?
Photo of TK


  • 4,296 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

UK uses 220 volt. If you are using a 110V appliance at 220V-240V, you can also use a transformer but may be able to get away with a (cheaper) converter.

Photo of Dave .

Dave .

  • 21,706 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
when we lived in england we had transformers in every room for all of our 110v stuff.
Photo of Exrace


  • 8,606 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response

The US charger is not dual voltage (120 only) so you need a step down transformer that is over 600 watts. (the ego rapid charger is rated at 550 watts) Something like this:

If you just use a plug convertor you will burn up the US charger in the UK.


This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.