Model# ST1504F Out of Stock at Home Depot

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

Greetings, I am looking to buy the aforementioned string trimmer model, but Home Depot does not carry it in the stores and it appears to be out of stock online as well.

Any knowledge of when they will be available again?

Thanks!
Photo of landcruisers

landcruisers

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
This guy is overdue for a response.  It is still out of stock online.  When will it be back?

There might be a work-around for you, but it depends on what EGO stuff you have and what EGO stuff you want other than this if anything.  I'm guessing you want this for the 5Ah pack, 'cause you could get another kit with the 5Ah pack, like the backpack blower, then buy this as a standalone tool.  Unfortunately, it would mean spending about $450 + tax instead of $320 + tax, but it might be worth it if you want a good blower and don't already have one or just want another.
(Edited)
Photo of landcruisers

landcruisers

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
What I really want is the bare tool in the straight shaft version with the rapid reload head but they apparently don't offer that configuration.  Can't be that hard though.

The responsiveness of replies in this forum is indeed disappointing, as is the response to email inquiries to "support"
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

If  it isn't at Home Depot or Amazon, check to see if they have it at Mower Magic.  http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/Ego-Grass-Trimmers.html  They may be of the UK, but I hear they ship to the United States.  They have stuff there that EGO hasn't even introduced to the United States, such as the bike grip brushcutter.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Yep, ST1500E-F is straight shaft.  That I think is what you're looking for.  It is the bare tool.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

There is one more thing you should try, and that is calling EGO at 1-855-346-5656 right when their offices open so you don't have to wait in line.  "Agents are available 8:30am – 8:00pm EST (Monday – Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday and Sunday)." if you have any questions for them.
Photo of Q

Q

• 62 Points
any one has update on this topic? I also want a ST1504F, which is POWER+ 15" STRING TRIMMER WITH RAPID RELOAD HEAD AND STRAIGHT SHAFT with a 5.0Ah battery and Standard Charger. It is still unavailable at Homedepot and is also out of stock online. To buy a trimmer and a 5Ah separately seems a lot more expensive than buy a combo.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,294 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The ST1504F will be available again later this summer, but we do not yet have a specific date. We will post as soon as we have more detailed information. Also, this model is unfortunately not going to be offered in Canada. 
Photo of Michael McDonald

Michael McDonald

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Amber, Unless EGO is willing to provide more clarity on what appears to be a substantial manufacturing/distribution issue, they are going to lose customers who might have tried them (or already have EGO tools) FOR LIFE.  The other vendors at Home Depot seem to have ample stock (and support) with similar multi-tool and battery options.  This is a world class fumble for a company that seems to know how to make a great tool and has (or we thought had) delivered exactly what the market wants.  Unfortunately, if customers can't buy it, and Home Depot is pulling support, most people will NEVER try it.  Good luck getting customers BACK once they have invested in another manufacturers battery operated platforms (Ryobi, DeWalt, Stihl, etc etc).  Customers are not going to want a bunch of separate tools and battery platforms clogging up the garage.  I am an EGO customer (Mower, string trimmer) and I have waited so long for the edger and other tools that I am pretty much ready to abandon them for another manufacturer.  If I can't even get a complete set of tools to cut my suburban lawn, the EGO obviously executed this arrangement with Home Depot in haste, hasn't delivered tools at stated launch dates, and if the stores can't get product then they should rightfully abandon this vendor.  This is a case study for firms who think that a good product (even a great product) will somehow make up for pathetic manufacturing and distribution execution.  I would guess that all the youtube videos touting the performance of these tools should rightly be taping their addendum to the reviews now:  "Unfortunately viewers, aside from the product samples they sent to magazines and youtube reviewers, these products are not for sale."  What a massive stumble, leaving literally millions in sales to be frittered off to other vendors who can actually get products to Home Depot for sale.  
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Official Response
Hi Michael! The most recent information we've received indicates that the ST1504F will be available at some point around the middle of next month. As always, we are listening and reporting all of these threads, as well as our customers' concerns, to the team. We understand the frustration! Please know that your comments are not going unheard, but we have nothing more specific to update you with at this time. We will post here when we have more details.
Also, anyone who is frustrated with Home Depot's inventory should at least consider sharing their feelings with Home Depot directly. 
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

P.S. Anyone that wants to be notified directly regarding availability can sign up for an email alert on Home Depot's website: http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-POWER-15-in-Lithium-ion-Electric-Cordless-String-Trimmer-Kit-with-Rap...
Photo of Amber F.

Official Response
***UPDATE: This model will be back in stock sometime around the week of August 13th. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.