Model LM2000 purchased June 18, 2017 does not start.

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: CS

Battery has 56 volts, indicator light on battery is green when pushed.  No head lights or other indicator lights.  Handles completely extended and locked in.  Key does not lock in all the time and sometimes hard to remove after bail released.  Cannot tell if there is a "click" when the bail is engaged.
Have call in to CS but don't want to have to wait 24 "business hours" for a reply.
Photo of James

James

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It sounds like a problem with the safety key mechanism.

If you can, call the customer service line back and be patient. I called earlier today, right around noon, and my call was answered in a little less than 15 minutes.
Photo of James

James

Oops on the title.  Purchased in 2014!

Ken, Might try them first thing in the morning.
It's the wife's mower so need to get it running again.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
James, did you leave a voicemail?
Photo of James

James

Yes, voice mail left.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ok, great, James. Keep us posted as to what they say.
Photo of Terry Johnston

Terry Johnston

• 510 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Neat trick on that purchase date.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No headlights is an indicator that the control board is bad. Take the battery out and back in. Sometimes mine had the issue where it would lock up if it was sitting with the battery in for 10 minutes. Also look at the contacts in the battery bay. Make sure they aren't dirty or covered in a black film
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,328 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I am new to Ego, so I have been wondering what sort of issues crop up with battery contacts both on the tool and battery.  

Third day of mower ownership (20 inch) I have noticed that the battery bounces when you press the button to release it.  I am making an effort to grab the battery before pressing the button to dampen that bouncing action.  
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I've found the contacts to wear pretty well, mine still look to be in great condition on all my tools. Limiting the number of cycles by eliminating that bounce can only help.
Photo of James

James

Two calls from customer service today.  So the call back/voice mail works well if you can't hang on the telephone.

First call was to open a service request and second was from Jorge. 

I informed Jorge that there was a possibility that I could trouble shoot the mower without having to take it to Home Depot and Jorge gave me the go ahead as well as sent photos of the handle/switch area. 

Just got through fixing the problem which was the switch actuator some how was above the switch.  This caused the bail to not make contact with the actuator.  Made the appropriate adjustments and everything works again.  If it happens again, I'll use some double sided tape to hold the switch in the proper position.

Wife is now happy again! (and I don't have to cut the back yard)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
A lot of people who have spoken with Jorge sing his praises. It's great that he was able to help you get the problem fixed!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.