missing safety key

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Solved
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How do I get a safety key?

I purchased a 20" 56v mower from Home Depot and it came with no safety key. What the heck? Went back to Home Depot and they were baffled... said they'd contact Ego and get back to me, but two weeks have gone by and no word. Could you please help me?
Photo of David Kwon

David Kwon

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated and ready to return this thing.

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,580 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
This is a community forum, not Ego customer service (although CS reps do monitor the forum). And this is a Friday night, so nothing would be sent out until next week at the earliest anyway.

You can contact Ego at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).

But honestly, if I bought a new product from a store and it wasn't complete --- especially if I couldn't use it --- I'd take it back and exchange it immediately. Home Depot does have a 90-day return/exchange policy.

There are also people on eBay selling 3D printed replacement keys: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Two-EGO-Lawn-Mower-Start-Up-Keys-3D-Printed-Keys-Gauranteed-to-Work-2-Qty-/1...
(Edited)
Photo of joe

joe

• 996 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Just a TIP. I immediately tethered the safety key to the handle, because I knew I could lose it in 12-15 seconds if I didn't. This way, if it falls out, it just dangles off the handle.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Bingo! I did the same thing. It's never fallen out, but if it does it isn't going far.
Photo of Kerry Cadambi

Kerry Cadambi

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I did the same thing,  worked for 2 years.   But last week the safety key fell off the cord, I don't know where and I only noticed it when I went to mow today !
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
As Jennifer mentions below in a previous post, you'll have to give Customer Service a call for a replacement.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
David, we have replacement safety keys with our customer service team.  As Ken mentioned, please give us a call and we'll get you taken care of.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.