Is my tool missing parts?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I purchased an Ego mower yesterday that was sold as is. Several parts and pieces are missing and I am wondering if they are available from the website
Photo of Alec Mansfield

Alec Mansfield

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,892 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Any parts that you can install can currently only be obtained by calling Ego. I think they are working on getting them on the website, but that isn't available yet. If it's an option for you, you'll probably have better luck reaching someone quickly during the week, as their weekend call volume seems to be much higher right now.

Out of curiosity, where did you buy the mower and what parts is it missing?
Photo of Alec Mansfield

Alec Mansfield

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I purchased this mower from Home Depot yesterday 4/29/16.  It was sold "as is" .  I was fully aware of the situation at the time of purchase.  Missing are the side discharge chute, mulching insert, grass bag, and bag frame.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,892 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm sure you can get all of those from Ego—wonder what happened to the ones from the mower you bought.

You might also check eBay as I think some of those have popped up from time to time.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,394 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Alec, this exploded view of the mower shows all the parts available:

You can get more detail in the manual:
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/026...
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled One of the metal plates connecting the battery to the lawnmower is missing. What....

My lawn mower starts and will run for a few seconds and then shuts down.  I noticed that one of the metal blades connecting the battery was missing.  I assume that is the issue and would like to know what my options are.  
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,438 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Chris, if your mower is relatively new, then you can exchange it with Home Depot (HD) for a new one - assuming you bought it from HD.  If it is not a newer mower, then I would contact Customer Service Department so they can assist you with this "missing" part.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.