MHC1502 is now available on HD

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

Well HD did in fact post the MHC1502 on their site. Unfortunately, they must have made a mistake (or think we are stupid). The price is $150 more than the kit with the trimmer. That is crazy. Man I am glad I did not wait and ordered mine from RCPW (arrives Thursday eve).

Photo of shedman

shedman

• 1,360 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of shedman

shedman

• 1,360 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
For what it's worth RCPW still has this available, now at $439. My order will arrive 7 days after I ordered it.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
HOME DEPOT...
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,412 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Happy to have bought it at RCPW @429 no tax free ship. Its a no brainer compared to HD.com
(Edited)
Photo of Aaron W

Aaron W

• 30 Points
$600 is ridiculous. The Power Head and two attachments are $350 a la carte, which means it's another $250 for the 5Ah battery and charger. Where's the combo pricing? This is more than buying each part individually.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Looks like the MSRP (according to that RCPW site) is $449. Which is exactly what you would expect, and the same as buying a kit and edger.

Unless this kit includes a second battery or something then Home Depot screwed up:
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,770 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Smores

Smores

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Does anyone know if HD will price match with RCPW?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Not sure with all of the fine print, but I think the answer is yes they will match (but they will not beat it by 10% as it is not an in store purchase).

http://www.homedepot.com/c/PM_New_Lower_Price?redirect=true&NCNI-5&searchRedirect=price+matc...
(Edited)
Photo of ClarkM

ClarkM

• 1,544 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
$250 for a battery and charger? That's a steal....
Photo of ClarkM

ClarkM

• 1,544 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
We've all waited this long - Just wait until they correct the price. You guys don't honestly believe this is anything but a mistake on HD's part?
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 1,094 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

The last price mistake that EGO acknowledged was a price mistake, EGO responded immediately. EGO hasn't responded officially yet, which has me concerned that this isn't a price mistake but a bad price by Home Depot.

Well actually it took them a day to respond and two days to figure it out, so there is hope:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/hedge-trimmer-tool-only-pricing

(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The correct price is $399.  We’re working to fix the price listing ASAP.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

wohoo - rejoicing and waiting patiently for that price !
Photo of Faith

Faith

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If you move the top part of the vertical line in the 5 to the other side of the horizontal line, it makes a 3.  It's not a pricing error, it's a geometry error.  ;-)
Photo of David

David

• 1,962 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm just gonna throw this comment out there. I realize that this is a pricing error (as a kit plus attachment 349 + 99) is cheaper.
 BUT
 anybody else questioning why it's taking so long for the price adjustment? or is it really not 399? 

Seems to me if the error had been the other way- as in 199 or 299 instead of 399- You can be sure it would have been fixed AND updated in a matter of seconds if not minutes. Maybe they are trying to do damage control between HD and other retailers for undercutting them? 
questions....anyways - office hours are likely over and probably nothing will be then be updated till tomorrow.
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 1,094 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
They probably do act quicker when they are losing money. But I think Home Depot's process is just 1-2 days slow.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
David, priorities. :-)
Photo of Beth Walsh

Beth Walsh

• 5,318 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If one has a State Tax ID or tax exemption certificate there is no tax at Home Depot. If you use a HD credit card to pay you can get 6 months same as cash and the shipping is free for items over $49.
Photo of R Mercado

R Mercado

• 820 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Sorry I missed this earlier - Can confirm $399 order by calling HD Customer Service.  Kit to arrive NLT 25 May.  See thread from earlier today.  Ego (Amber) and HD (Linda and then Kayla) were on it quickly.  HD website hopefully will be corrected by tomorrow, but HD will honor correct price of $399 if you call.  You will receive an electronic receipt that shows $599 less $200 promotional discount to provide you with correct price.  See thread - https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/request-for-update-on-power-head-kit-availability-orig... 
Photo of Faith

Faith

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Price is now corrected on HD site!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.