Manually pushing an LM2142SP or LM2020SP

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • (Edited)
I was looking to upgrade from my LM2001-X to achieve a higher height of cut (3.5 -> 4"), and am considering the 20" steel deck or 21" dual-battery mowers. I see both are now only available in self-propelled models.

How easy are these two models to use when pushed manually? Do they roll and otherwise operate the same as the non-SP models when the SP feature is dis-engaged?

I ask because I only have 5,300 sq ft of grass on not much slope so have not had any issue with my 20" manual in terms of effort.

(I'm not considering the 21" single-battery model only because if I do choose a mower without Peak Power I want the shorter nose, brushless mower, and striper compatibility to compensate!)
Photo of KJ

KJ

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Tae Cooke

Tae Cooke

• 1,982 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I have the dual battery. It is very easy to push, but I can't compare it to anything since I've never used any of Ego's other mowers. If you're worried about the self-propel dragging when used manually, don't be :) For my money, the dual battery is worth more than the steel deck, so I don't know why they cost the same.