lower blade?

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
Any way to get the blade just a little lower than the "1" setting on the LM2102sp?
Photo of Dick Christie

Dick Christie

• 70 Points

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Lehigh Lawn Pros

Lehigh Lawn Pros

• 3,462 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi DC,
I suppose that you could use a spacer/washer on the blade bolt to effectively lower the blade, providing you still have enough thread engagement. It may alter the lift and cutting performance though.

Bob
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 161,020 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Dick, "officially" there's no way to get the blade any lower.  Unofficially people have come up with their own creative solutions, but as you can imagine these are not supported by Ego and you're on your own.  Tampering with the tools will also void your warranty.  ;-)
Photo of ceedub

ceedub

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Smaller diameter wheels would do it, but the hassle of finding them and then modifying the mower to fit them, would kill your warranty.
(Edited)
Photo of Pete Innes

Pete Innes

• 2,766 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Why would you want to cut your lawn lower than 1? We cut most lawns on 3 or 2 as it gives the grass a fighting chance in the heat of southern Alberta
Photo of ceedub

ceedub

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hybrid Bermuda grass can be cut very low, probably less than 1/2". If that is the case, a reel type mower should be used as they cut the Bermuda cleaner and very low. I used to have a hybrid Bermuda grass yard but removed it and planted fescue. That's when I purchased the 20" Ego mower to get the job done. I keep the fescue around 3". Cutting grass lower than 1" requires a reel mower to do the job right.