Lost my Mulch Plug!.How to Replace?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: duplicate

I am getting ready for the grass to start growing here in Wisconsin! Lawn is raked and fertilized. However,  I seemed to have misplaced the mulching plug for my E-GO. After bagging leaves last fall with the bag attachment, the plug is no where to be found. My local Home Depot, where I bought the E-GO, does not have parts. Does your warranty include lost parts? Hahaha! Just kidding! Where can I purchase the mulch plug? Thanks!  BTW, this thing is great. People always stop and ask about the mower when they're walking past my house when I'm mowing
Photo of RichManitoba

RichManitoba

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,138 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Give customer service a call, they'll be sure to help you out:

Good to hear the mower is working out well!
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,100 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There is one on ebay right now.
Photo of RichManitoba

RichManitoba

I searched eBay, but couldn't find it. 
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 65,100 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It must have sold. Call customer service. They will be able to replace it.
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,202 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Wow, TONS of side discharge chutes for sale though! No surprise, that would be my last choice even if it worked well, which it didn't on my lawn.

And cheap 3D printed replacement keys—genius idea!
Photo of RichManitoba

RichManitoba

If I get one from E-GO, the insert is about $17.00 which is fair, but $8.00 to ship that part? Please!!

Why don't the dealers who sell the product also sell the parts so we don't have to pay shipping? It's my fault it's missing, but parts should be made readily available from the people who sell the main product. Sucks. How about sending it to Home Depot then I pick it up without delivery charges? 
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,898 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but have you seen how expensive UPS and USPS is now?  $8.00 shipping is cheap.  The insert for $17.00 sounds about right.  That's a very fair deal.  If it was on ebay, I would bet over $10.00 for shipping, plus the seller has to pay ebay and paypal.  
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,202 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As an eBay seller, I can tell you calculated shipping would range from $5-$7 depending on distance.

Since Home Depot doesn't carry parts, perhaps they could be sold by Ego on an Amazon store with Amazon fulfillment and free prime shipping. Just a thought.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,068 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
RichManitoba, our customer service team has replacement mulch plugs available. We can surely help you on the price.  Please give us a call at 1-855-346-5656 and we can help you.
Photo of RichManitoba

RichManitoba

• 436 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have had one on order for about a month; any idea when they will be shipped out?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.