Loose handle on LM2100SP

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

The handle on my LM2100SP has a lot of up and down play in it . Is there anyway to tighten this up. Not a big problem but Its kind of annoying
Photo of RMB898

RMB898

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Oleg Obukhov

Oleg Obukhov

• 1,288 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Call Customer Service and order new clamps. They have reenginered them. It's going to be around $20. I received my clamps within three days of calling CS.
(Edited)
Photo of RMB898

RMB898

No it's not the clamps it's down lower where the pivot point is
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem with my 20". A lot of up and down wiggle.  There are a few phillips screws you can snug up that will help
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I always wondered if SCDC had a few screws loose.

I'll be here all week folks! :-)
(Edited)
Photo of RMB898

RMB898

I guess I could just return it i have only had it a couple of weeks. If it's this loose out of the box I'm concerned about the long term durability of this thing
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,612 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Can you quantify the amount of up/down play?
Photo of RMB898

RMB898

Half inch maybe an inch
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Richard, if the play is only half to an inch, that may be normal. Check to see if the metal panel with the detent holes is moving when you move the handle. If that plate is solid you might be just seeing the tolerance in the pin-to-hole relationship.

As far as I know, any mower with a similar adjustment mechanism will have a little bit of play in it. If convenient, check the Ego mowers on display at your local HD and see if they are any tighter. If not, yours is normal. You can also check out other mowers with adjustable height handles and compare; unless they feature some sort of screw or latch tightening mechanism, they will likely have some play also.
Photo of Kevin Durbin

Kevin Durbin

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I also have the LM2100SP, just got it yesterday, and within the first couple of minutes of mowing, I noticed the L-side handle would move, even with the clamps secure.  Did not move much, but with the poor steering capabilities of this mower, you have to sort of yank it around to change direction, and that left side clamp just isn't holding securely.  I made a suggestion to alter the front wheels to allow for "swiveling" like a dolly cart, for better directional control.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yeah, I definitely don't have that problem with my Greenworks or my Toro.  The Worx 56V has those swiveling wheels, but I'm not sure about the battery design.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.