LM2102SP starting issue

• Problem
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • In Progress
I have a LM2102SP that is about 1.5 years old. Never had an issue. The last two times I have mowed I have had starting issues. When I try to start it I get a flashing orange light followed by an alternating flashing orange/green light. When it happened the first time I thought maybe either the battery overheated or the motor did, even though I wasn't cutting particularly high grass, the today I had the problem from the get-go. Motor and battery hadn't been used in a couple of weeks and it has been cool outside. Took several attempts to get it started. Then whenever I stopped it to empty the grass catch it would take several attempts to start it again.

Photo of Scott D

Scott D

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 163,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hmm... the next time you mow try chilling the battery in the fridge for a half hour or so first. If cooling the battery fixes the issue you may have a faulty temperature sensor in the battery.

Either way, a call to Ego Customer Service will be in order, you have a three year warranty on your battery.
Photo of Scott D

Scott D

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That wouldn't explain why it wouldn't start first start of the day with either of my batteries. A call is definitely in order.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 67,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It would help pinpoint the problem as battery related or tool related.