LM2101E Australian, lowering height further

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Hey all, just bought the mower, love it, really love it, but... It won't cut any where near as low as I'd like it to. The old Victa I'm replacing has 5 adjustments lower than this one can go. I'd usually use the 3rd and 4th in that one. Not sure what to do. I've tried it, so it's now used. All mowers I've used in my life can actually hit the ground with blades if you're not careful, so I'd never expected a mower I can't go low enough with. Has anyone else had this issue? Does a know of a way to get at least another cm out of it, preferably more like 1.5? It got such great reviews and the whole this is amazing, but for me, not really usable given my grass and conditions. Hoping there's something that can be done.
Photo of Lorenzo

Lorenzo

• 124 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,900 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What are you cutting? If it doesn't work for you, you can return it. You have 90 days.
Photo of Lorenzo

Lorenzo

It's Kikuyu. Thank you for three reply. I will look into it.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,336 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
setting #1 should be 1.5 inches per the manual
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
1.5 inches or 1.5 centimeters?  I'm with you in that I like to mow bermudagrass here in Texas down that low, which seems to work best for it, but I have not found a SINGLE ELECTRIC MOWER that can do it without modification. I think it's about time that that problem be remedied.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Lorenzo, the only thing I can think of would be to try fitting a smaller wheel. I believe the 21" uses the same size wheel front and rear, correct?

One downside to this approach is it might not stand straight up when storing vertically.

Good luck, and let us know if you figure something out!
Photo of Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Thank you. It actually had a much bigger wheel in the back, but it's with a shot. Thank you.
Photo of Yancy Bachmann

Yancy Bachmann

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem in that the lowest cut height is 1.5 inch on my recently purchased LM2100.  I have used Honda's in the past and the lowest setting is .75" which is great for scalping my Bermuda in the spring.  I usually cut to 1.25" the rest of the year.  I was hoping there was a modification in the lowering system that would allow a lower cut then 1.5"