LM2100SP, bought last July, no longer starts

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I did what I normally do, extended the handle bars, clipped them in place, pushed the green key, squeezed the lever and nothing except maybe a weird sound coming from the battery compartment. Now when I try to start again, I just here the click from the handle bar key and nothing else.
I've tested a second battery with no luck. I've tested the batteries in the EGO weed whacker and they work just fine. With the battery in the mower, nothing turns on; the mower, the self-propel, the headlight, none of it turns on.
Photo of Alexander Anderson

Alexander Anderson

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 2,682 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
A really obvious question, sorry, but have you checked the battery bay to make sure there is no piece of debris that might be preventing the contacts from connecting? My other thought, with a total failure like that, and batteries that work in other tools still, is: mice. sorry again. Check if any wires are chewed through? We had a little so and so make off with two 6" segements of car spark plug wires this winter.

Alexander Anderson

It doesn't look like there are any exposed wires. I brushed off the debris on the connectors before trying again. As far as I can tell, it still looks pretty good on the outside.
Photo of Kevin Ashby

Kevin Ashby

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Mine is doing the same thing and is almost exactly the same age.
Photo of Kevin Ashby

Kevin Ashby

Self propell is working but blade will not start. Battery is fully charged. Does any one have an answer?
Photo of Prairiedog

Prairiedog

• 2,682 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
A couple days ago, somebody was having the same problem and it turned out they weren't doing the start up in the right order? again, sorry if this seems obvious. But just checking. Depress the green button before and while pulling up the bail wire all the way. I get rushed sometimes and try to do it too simultaneously and it won't turn on.
(Edited)
Photo of Kevin Ashby

Kevin Ashby

Customer support is not so great I've been on hold now for 20 minutes!

Alexander Anderson

I did the call me back option and 3 hours later received a call back. I read it's best to call in the morning.

Alexander Anderson

Thankfully, they are replacing it. I'm pretty sure it's an electrical board issue since the headlights don't come on.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.