LM2100 will not start right up. I have to try several times before it starts.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
Photo of Cindy Kerr

Cindy Kerr

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 68,958 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Make sure the blade is not over tightened. 38-43 lbs with a torque wrench.

Try these items below

Call customer service.  call early in the day to minimize any hold time.
1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday).

Photo of Cindy Kerr

Cindy Kerr

Ok, thank you.
Photo of walt dutchak

walt dutchak

• 1,116 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Another possibility - 
a) When you press the "Safety Button", hold it pressed down and at the same time pull back the "Ball Switch", then when the motor is running, release the safety button.
b) If you are already doing as described in a) and the motor still does not engage, then there may be a malfunction in either the "Safety Button" assembly, or the "Ball Switch" assembly.

I have experienced that if the safety button is released a split second too soon the ball switch fails to catch the switch latch and the switch does not slide into the "ON" position.  Sometimes parts in the assembly are too slack or get misaligned for a particular reason.  I have actually taken apart such an assembly and re-aligned and "snugged up" the linkages and then everything worked fine.  However, if the ON switch is not held down until the ball switch is fully engaged then the motor will fail to start.

Also, read the notes on page 19 (English) of the manual very carefully.  The answer could be staring right at you. For example, just about half way down the page it says -
NOTE: The motor cannot be started unless:
READ EVERYTHING TO THE END OF THIS PAGE.
Perhaps the answer is there.

I hope the problem with your mower is as simple as that.

Photo of Cindy Kerr

Cindy Kerr

I'll try that. Thank you.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,416 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Please let us know if that does the trick, Cindy.