LM2002-p vs LM 2101

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
What's the difference between these two models besides the one inch difference in blade? HD has a $50 price difference, but I can't tell by the descriptions why the price is that much different.
Photo of Christopher Hurley

Christopher Hurley

• 70 Points

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Woody Crandall

Woody Crandall

• 1,444 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Longer blade required a a larger diameter housing/frame. Don’t know if electronics & motor are the same, but may be slightly different as they have to deal with a blade with more mass.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,456 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Different frame completely. Different motor also. The 21 has a slightly more powerful motor.

But if I was you, I'd get the self propelled model because the battery itself is worth the extra 100.00.

Up to you.
Photo of David McGraw

David McGraw

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have both models and get a huge amount of mowing exercise with them. The larger model has a wonderful automatic ramp up of power when under load. For example, I have a mossy area of lawn that completely stalls out my smaller mower, but doesn't even appreciably affect the larger one.

In addition, if you get the high-lift blade, it will pack your clippings bag really tight before it needs emptied. The high-lift blade seems to pull unwanted seeds and even insects off of the grass. I love it. I recommend an additional battery though.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob, Champion

• 61,284 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Tell us more about your experiences David.