LM2002-p vs LM 2101

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
What's the difference between these two models besides the one inch difference in blade? HD has a $50 price difference, but I can't tell by the descriptions why the price is that much different.
Photo of Christopher Hurley

Christopher Hurley

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Woody Crandall

Woody Crandall

• 1,686 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Longer blade required a a larger diameter housing/frame. Don’t know if electronics & motor are the same, but may be slightly different as they have to deal with a blade with more mass.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,144 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Different frame completely. Different motor also. The 21 has a slightly more powerful motor.

But if I was you, I'd get the self propelled model because the battery itself is worth the extra 100.00.

Up to you.
Photo of David McGraw

David McGraw

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have both models and get a huge amount of mowing exercise with them. The larger model has a wonderful automatic ramp up of power when under load. For example, I have a mossy area of lawn that completely stalls out my smaller mower, but doesn't even appreciably affect the larger one.

In addition, if you get the high-lift blade, it will pack your clippings bag really tight before it needs emptied. The high-lift blade seems to pull unwanted seeds and even insects off of the grass. I love it. I recommend an additional battery though.
Photo of Terry Mahoney

Terry Mahoney

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What I was wondering was if David noticed the significant improvement by going to the newer push mower or if it was because he got the higher torque sp model? Is the newer push mower significantly better under tough conditions? Most of the reviews I've seen are for the sp model not the push model. 
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,144 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The best value is the self propelled due to the 7.5 ah battery. It's really an easy choice if I had to make it. Self propelled for the bigger motor and the bigger battery. Can't have too much power with these mowers. The new dual battery mower even has a more powerful motor than the other 2 and comes with two 5ah batteries. So that is also a contender, but quite a bit more money.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 54,002 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's a better value *if* you need SP. Otherwise it's just $150 more. That $150 could go toward another tool with another battery. Oh, I was just comparing 21" non and sp models here.
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Or if you need/want the larger battery. ;-)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 54,002 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Agreed, tools with kits are generally best value but just saying if one doesn't need those items best to apply the difference to another tool!! Can't have too much EGO.