LM2000 vs LM2102SP

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • In Progress
I already have the LM2000. I need another battery and considering the price might just upgrade to the newer self propelled model. Is the motor itself improved/stronger or is the only difference the larger battery, self propelled and larger 21' cutting deck? Thank you 
Photo of Lucas Lee

Lucas Lee

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It definitely has more power, regulates up when the load goes up.  It's a great upgrade.  The 20" is lighter and I believe mulches a little better, but that's the only give-ups.
Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 19,416 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
LM2142SP is what you should look at.
Photo of Lucas Lee

Lucas Lee

Looks like a nice mower, but the price is just too steep for me. 
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,608 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Price is steep, but I just got one and the results have been really good.  I'm working on my write-up on the cut between my 20/21 and 21 peek power mowers with pics.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 105,650 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Looking forward to hearing your analysis.
Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

• 6,786 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I have the LM2101 - not self-propelled and love it.   It hasn't given me a moment's trouble.   

Self-propelled EGO mowers do seem to have more problems - this guy has had 3 self-propelled mowers fail and have to be replaced:
https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/3rd-self-propel-failure-good-customer-support?utm_sour...

The more features on the mower - the more there is to break.   
(Edited)
Photo of Lucas Lee

Lucas Lee

That's a good point. Home Depot has some factory renewed ones for $130 cheaper but only a 1 year warranty vs 5/3 on the battery. Prob not worth the gamble.