List of Authorized ONLINE retailers?

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Authorized EGO service, where can I find a list?

There are many online sellers on Ebay who are advertising the full 5 year warranty but how can we know they are really authorized? 

I assume a big company like Acme Tools is authorized and they ship from their own warehouse in North Dakota.    There are also many others that are obviously directly drop shipping from EGO as if you buy from them the package is shipped directly from Kenco/Chervon warehouse in California.  

These drop shippers also appear to be getting their listing materials from EGO as all the promotional material is the same.  Why not put a list out of actually authorized online sellers?
Photo of Tom H

Tom H

• 432 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 104,052 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Never had a need to go beyond HD or RCPW but a list would certainly be helpful for those that need to find other sources. 

Here is a known short list of authorized online sellers
HD
RCPW
Acme Tools
Grainger
Amazon (direct - not necessarily third party sellers)

in CA
igocordless
union wheel

and there is the store finder
https://egopowerplus.com/apps/store-locator

(Edited)
Photo of Tom H

Tom H

Why not have something like Polk Audio does?

https://www.polkaudio.com/dealer-locator

They have the physical retailer lookup like Ego does and then they have the complete list of authorized online sellers at the bottom.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,206 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We'll pass your thoughts on to the team today, Tom. Thanks for posting!
Photo of Tom H

Tom H

Is it safe to assume that the people selling on eBay who are just drop shipping from Kenco/Chervon are authorized sellers with full warranty?

It would also be nice if you required that your official drop ship sellers on eBay indicate they are authorized sellers and require their screen names on eBay to be on the list of authorized sellers on your website.  
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,848 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Don't know the answer - I would guess not, but not really an ebay shopper.

Just curious why you would purchase thru ebay v one of the established retailers listed.
Photo of Tom H

Tom H

Ebay sometimes has promotions which would lead to saving money for buyers such as eBay bucks which can be up to 10% off and sometimes coupons like 10 to 20 % off.  Their is also a potential tax savings.  This past quarter I earned about $100 in Ebay Bucks so I just recently used that to partially pay for a new Ego item off of Ebay.    The package was sent to me directly from Kenco/Chervon warehouse in California.   Kenco appears to be the logistics company Chervon (Ego owner) uses to ship items.  

Also:  Some of the same established sellers listed above do actually sell on Ebay as well.  
(Edited)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 103,848 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Well that makes sense - discounts are always helpful. 

Have you tried to register your Ego tool either online or by calling customer service.   This would confirm if you have made an authorized purchase. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great info Tom!

I used to be an eBay addict 10 to 12 years ago, back before it was more like an online outlet for retail facilities. I really haven’t bought much off of eBay since that time, but it sounds like there may be some new tricks to learn!
Photo of GoPackGo

GoPackGo

• 198 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Tom,

Have you tried to register your product to verify whether or not it would be covered under warranty?
I just bought one from eBay not sure it would be covered but will try to register and will know then.

If it is not will return it and get one from HD.
(Edited)
Photo of paulie

paulie

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "authorized retailer"???.

The battery for my trimmer started blinking constantly.  I was told it was a defect, but wasn't covered under warranty because it wasn't purchased at an "Authorized Retailer."  So, how do I know which retailers are "authorized?"  Is there a list available?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.