Less than a year old, lift handle, press button. Nothing. Headlight goes on. Status indicator green. Paddle is free of obstruction. Yay!

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
  • (Edited)
Used the snow blower 3 times and bought it in January of this year from home depot. Wheeled it out this morning, and nothing. Battery has a full charge. Light goes on. Status indicator is green. But nothing happens when I pull the handle and press the start button. Not a click, not a sound. Silence. Home depot rep tells me they don't usually take back 'used' snow blowers whatever that means. We just finished paying for this piece of crap too. Looks like it's going to be a Merry Xmas compliments of Ego (sic).
Photo of Eric McLaughlin

Eric McLaughlin

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 63,024 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Have you tried calling Ego at  1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656) from 8:30AM - 8:00PM EST (Monday - Friday) & 10:00AM - 6:00PM EST (Saturday & Sunday)? Give them a call early in the day. They'll take care of you especially since your snow blower and batteries are well within the warranty period.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,538 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I just bought one of these recently. From your post seems your sequence is not correct. Push the button in first then handle.

Hope this does it!

Mike
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,452 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Mike is right, on page 19 of the manual, step 3:

NOTICE: Make sure that the latch on the snow blower snaps into place and that the battery pack(s) are secured to the snow blower before operation.

3. Depress the safety button and, with the button depressed, pull the bail switch upward to meet the handle (Fig. 13 &14).
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,290 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
If, in fact, you're pressing the start button and pulling the handle in the wrong order, correcting that will fix your problem. But if you're actually performing the sequence correctly and your snow blower really does have a problem, all of Ego's tools carry five-year warranties. All you have to do is call customer service.
Photo of Eric McLaughlin

Eric McLaughlin

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Well, this is embarrasing. Turns out you were all right. I was so used to my gas unit I did not realize this one was inverted in the process. Sorry about the vent. Looks like I need a helping of humble pie. Lol. Thank you all and merry xmas
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 94,890 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No worries Eric.  Glad it was an easy fix to your problem.  That is what we are here for.   Great catch Michael G
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 72,258 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's always nice to hear when it's an easy fix. And I've accidentally tried the reverse procedure on my Ego lawn mower with similar results.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,538 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Great to hear you are in business. I did the same on my lawn mower. It’s counterintuitive to push a button then pull the bail rod. For years we have been setting the rod then pulling the recoil.

Hey - give us some feedback on how you like the snow blower.
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,508 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Awesome. Glad your good to go