Leaving battery on charger

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Out of date

Can the batteries be left on the chargers after they're fully charged?
Photo of Phil Howell

Phil Howell

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yes, all EGO Power+ batteries can be left on the chargers after they are fully charged and they will not overcharge. Please note that if a battery is left on the charger for more than a month, the battery will perform a self-maintenance cycle and drop to 30% charge capacity. If this occurs, you would just reinstall the battery on the charger to recharge it fully.
Remember that one benefit of our Lithium-Ion battery technology is that charged batteries can sit idle on the shelf for months and maintain their charge.
(Edited)
Photo of Phil Howell

Phil Howell

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, Jennifer. I own the EGO mower and plan on getting a blower, string trimmer, and hedge trimmer right away. They're all impressive products.
Photo of Bruce Larsen

Bruce Larsen

• 60 Points
In the off season, which is about 3-4 months is it ok to leave the battery in the charger or should it be left on the shelf?

Bruce, if you don't plan to use your mower battery for 3-4 months, our recommendation would be to just leave the battery on the shelf.   One benefit of our Lithium-Ion battery technology is that charged batteries can sit idle on the shelf for months and maintain their charge.  Once you're ready to mow again, 30 minutes or less before your first mowing of the season will bring you back to your full 100% charge level.
Photo of Dan

Dan

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Is it ok to leave the battery and charger in the garage during the winter and in the summer (extreme cold and extreme hot)? Or should they be moved indoors?
(Edited)

Hi Dan, we've actually addressed this in another string here.  We've provided the link below: https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/at_what_temperature_should_the_battery_connected_to_the_charger_be_stored 
Photo of Sal

Sal

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
is it ok to leave the battery attached to the blower,after you are done with your work?

Sal, yes, you can leave the battery attached to the blower after you are done with your work. It will not harm the battery or blower.
Photo of Vince

Vince

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That's good info. I've been leaving the battery off the charger until the day I use it (storing it partially drained). I'll start leaving it on the charger during usage months!
Photo of Nancy

Nancy

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is it ok to leave the battery plugged in all the time between uses?.
Photo of Richard

Richard

• 812 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Charging Battery When Not In Use.

Do people keep their battery in the charging cradle when not in use?
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,686 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Richard, I do this because of space in my cabinet where I stored my chargers & batteries.  That said; I would not recommend leaving a battery on a charger plugged into the outlet.  Once the battery is "fully" charged, I normally unplugged the charger.
(Edited)
Photo of Marc

Marc

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Leaving the battery on the charging unit..

Leaving the battery on the charging unit. Is it ok to leave the battery on the charger for tong period of time? For example leaving it for the winter on the charger? I have read the manual and numerous post and still a bit confused regarding that.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.