Leaf Vacuum - Is there a leaf vacuum under development?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Cordless leaf blower/vacuum/mulcher needed

Leaf Vacuum - Is there a leaf vacuum under development? I'm in need of cordless leaf vacuum and I would like to share batteries with existing EGO investment. I know you may not be able to discuss but just wonderin gif any info canbe given before I go buy some other piece of crap. Thanks
Photo of Alan Rutledge

Alan Rutledge

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 89,600 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Nothing has been announced in this category nor is there anything currently in the European market, 

The lawn mower is currently the best substitute to either vacuum them up into the bag or mulch them into fertilizer for the lawn.  I understand this is not a solution for all situations in need of a lawn vacuum, but I was surprised this year when I mulched all of my leaves and did not rake, vacuum or bag leaves for the first time in 20+ years.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 54,778 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I also use my mower for mulching and vacuuming leaves. Even leaves that have fallen on the sidewalk and in the street gutter. Height setting #1 does a great job on the sidewalk and gutter.
I could see the vacuum being effective for places the mower can't reach for sure, but I tend to use my leaf blower to get them out where the mower can get to them. 
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,144 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I say build one. :). If they won't make it, doesn't mean it can't be made. Snow blower motors are crazy powerful. Hard to find. But they show up on ebay.

I say this because I doubt it's going to happen. They have a ton of tools to make but instead, they are just upgrading the core tools, leaf blower, trimmer, hedge trimmer, mowers ect.
Photo of Gotham Man

Gotham Man

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Does the leaf blower have vaccum option?.

Does the leaf blower have vaccum option?
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 64,718 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No, unfortunately it does not.
Photo of Randy James

Randy James

• 70 Points
I too would like to see Ego make a blower/vacuum. If they did I would have already bought a mover, string trimmer, hedge trimmer and blowervac So, I might buy the Greenworks yard tool suit just because they have a blower/vacuum/mulcher.
Photo of Joseph C. Geiger

Joseph C. Geiger

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please build a leaf mulcher that attaches to a large bag.  When I use my Ego mower to mulch leaves,I spend most of my time emptying the mower bag (stop the mower, open the back hatch, empty the bag, open the back hatch again, reattach, and start the mower).  I prefer to get my deep knee bends at the gym :-)
Photo of Sibyl Smith

Sibyl Smith

• 4,692 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
A wet/dry vac that would vacuum up leaves and straw in my driveway and sidewalk and works with standard lawn and leaf bags would be a great item for me.   

These are already available in other brands - but I'm holding out for an EGO! 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.