leaf blower propeller replacement

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
  • Answered
My wife was using the leaf blower (530 cfm) and a string hanging from her sweater got sucked in and broker one of the fins of the propeller inside.  The blower now makes a very high pitch unbearable whining sound.  Can this part be replaced?  If so, where can i find one? 
Photo of JH

JH

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,532 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I personally know of NOWHERE that parts are available for any Ego Products.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,890 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
RCPW.com has replacement parts for EGO products.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ego customer service also has some parts
Photo of JH

JH

Thank you both - however, without a detailed parts diagram, I'm not sure what the part number would be or how to identify the correct part.  Does anyone know if a parts diagram exists?  I looked on RCPW and found a listing for "Blade set" and "fan and baffle".  The blade set is $91 at which point i might as well buy another new blower.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 71,890 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You'd need to call EGO CS to get part information. 
Photo of JH

JH

Thank you all for replying.  I will contact customer service (or live with the sound i guess)
Photo of Rick Ives

Rick Ives

• 70 Points
JH.  I have the same problem.  I can look into my blower and see one of the fan blades is missing and it makes that horrible sound.  How did you resolve your issue?  How did you get it apart to replace the fan?
Photo of JH

JH

Hi Rick - my blower was less than 1 yr old and I had the original receipt (the one time that emailing receipts from Home Depot proved useful!).  Ego Customer Service was fantastic and generously offered to replace the blower (less battery) at no cost.  I simply have to return the old one to Home Depot for recycling.  Perhaps try giving customer support a call and see if they can do anything for you.
Photo of Rick Ives

Rick Ives

• 70 Points
Thanks so much JH.  I will go through EGO CS.