LB4803 Charger Voltage

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
I'm interested in purchasing a model #LB4803 (blower, charger, battery combo) but I'd like to know for sure if the charger supports the full 100 to 240-volt range. I will be transporting the unit overseas where the standard voltage is 220-240 volts.
Photo of Sam Rastin

Sam Rastin

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 166,550 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
According to the manual it's only 120V. Perhaps the bottom of the charger says different? Jennifer, can you verify?

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,728 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
This charger is not rated for use on non-North American voltage. You can try using a converter but we don't have any specific suggestions on a converter that could help you. Depending on where you are traveling, we may already make a charger that would suit your needs. Since our tools are sold in the EU, we might have what you need. Let us know where you plan to take your charger and we can see if we already sell a charger that would work.
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 60 Points
I'm surprised the chargers aren't universal - most charging systems seem to be rated 100-240 (400) v. I live in New Zealand and brought back a line trimmer that is rated at 120v. Not a big problem as I run a heavy transformer. Ultimately I will probably just buy a local fast charger.
Photo of Sam Rastin

Sam Rastin

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the prompt replies. Greatly appreciate the solid customer service experience I've had with Ego for the past 2 years.

The blower is for use in Germany. Their voltage range is 220-240 at 50-hertz rate.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,728 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Your best bet is to contact our EU team in Germany for a compatible charger. They can be reached here: http://egopowerplus.de/pages/kontakt