Lawnmower and battery problems

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

1. Rail clamps do not stay in when rails extended. I have to wrap tape around them to hold out.
2. "full" battery does not last; indicator starts flashing red and sometimes it mowed half hour or more before really being depleted; or indicator turns red, but when battery placed on charger it shows 100%; or the battery wont charge; and now it has fully stopped charging, with the "25%" flashing a dull red. USELESS!
Photo of Trevor

Trevor

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Very frustrated with this machine. Its been an ongoing issue.

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
1. Ego has a newer design of clamp that fixes that issue. Send them an email at support@egopowerplus.com

2. You may have a defective battery or charger. Include that info in your email and they will get you set up.
(Edited)
Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 36,892 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
30 minute runtime before the light turns solid red does not sound at all abnormal. Mine runs for up to 5 more minutes after the red light comes on, especially if I am not cutting thick grass. 45 minutes is optimal, but I would say 35-40 minutes is typical when doing average duty cutting. A thick lawn, wet grass, dull blade, or taking more than 1/3 off the top could all reduce runtime. Flashing red means completely drained battery.

Be sure you aren't confusing orange and red. Flashing orange means overload warning, and if you don't slow your pace or take a break then you'll soon see a solid orange light that means the mower won't run for a few minutes until it has recovered.

The battery sounds like it may need to be replaced, especially if it flashes red and then continues to run, or a solid red doesn't show less than 25% charged on the charger, but Ego should be able to help confirm if the issue is be battery or perhaps the charger and get a new one out to you under warranty.
Photo of Denise C

Denise C

• 6,334 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Trevor! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with your handle locking clamps, as well as your battery and/or charger. I just responded to your private email that you sent us letting you know we would like to assist you with these issues directly, but we do not have your phone number to call you back. Please either give our customer support center a call
at (855) 346-5656, and have the serial numbers for your products
ready when calling; -or- reply to the email I just sent you with a good contact
number and I will call you back today.
Photo of Trevor

Trevor

Thank you. I spoke with Customer service today and they took care of it.
Photo of Maureen

Maureen

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Glad I found this post.
We too are having problems with this - I've tried using duct tape, but it still doesn't work.
I will be contacting customer service shortly.
Photo of Kelly Kennedy

Kelly Kennedy

I've had a ton of trouble with the clamps not keeping the rails high enough to keep the mower running.  Very frustrating.  Otherwise, I love the mower. 
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,374 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Kelly, if you have the original 20" mower there are new handle clamps available that work MUCH better than the originals. Get in touch with Ego Customer Service and they'll get you fixed up. :-)
Photo of Kelly Kennedy

Kelly Kennedy

Thanks -- I saw your earlier post telling someone else with a similar problem to contact support@egopowerplus.com, but when I did that my email bounced back. 
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,812 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Please call us, Kelly. We'd be happy to help with your clamps. We're here until 6pm EST today. 1-855-346-5656
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,402 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can use this thread to verify if you have the OLD or NEW style clamps (applies to Gen 1 20" mowers only):

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/20-mower-handle-locking-clamp-v2-upgrade-review
Photo of Kelly Kennedy

Kelly Kennedy

I have the generation 1 20" mower.  The clamps started going bad after one season, but now I can mow about 5 feet without the thing turning off. 

I have tried to email customer service to get the replacement clamps using the address provided above, but apparently the address is no longer valid.  I have called numerous times and I don't get through. I've left a message providing complete details and my mailing address.  I've filed a case, to which I got a reply telling me to call (again?).  I still haven't gotten a useful response, or the replacement clamps.

I would like Ego customer service to contact me directly to arrange to send me the replacement clamps  A $500 mower shouldn't cause me this many headaches.  Thank you.
(Edited)
Photo of Amber F.

Hi Kelly! We have edited your post slightly in order to protect your personal contact information. We're sorry you've had difficulty with your replacement clamps, but we'd be happy to get them out to you. One of our Customer Service agents will be reaching out to you today via the email address you provided.
Photo of Kelly Kennedy

Kelly Kennedy

Thank you.  It's almost 6pm but I haven't heard from anyone yet.
Photo of Amber F.

Thank you for updating your shipping and contact information, Kelly. Jorge has placed an order for your replacement clamps. He has also left a voicemail for you with his direct contact line, in case you have any further questions or concerns. Additionally, please do not forget to register your mower and battery if only for future reference. At this point, all we have in the system is your charger. 
Photo of Kelly Kennedy

Kelly Kennedy

Thank you.  Will call Jorge shortly.  I uploaded my receipt and all pertinent details on my mower to your system.  I wonder where they went. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.