Lawn striping for ego lawn mower ?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • In Progress
Is Ego or anyone else making a lawn striper for the ego mower? If so when will it be available?
Photo of dmega

dmega

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,326 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If you just have to have it now...call these guys...they may be able to help you rig something up...:)
https://www.mowersdirect.com/lawn/lawn-mower-striping-kits.html
Photo of dmega

dmega

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
@Paul Christenson
Thanks for the link. I would be interested but they don't ship to Canada so I'm out of luck. Still I would prefer an Ego power product.
Photo of Paul Christenson

Paul Christenson

• 7,326 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Don't Worry...EGO listens...you should probably repost Lawn Striper under IDEA...I think EGO personnel check idea section BEFORE The others...:)
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,070 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
No striper in the pipeline at the moment, but we'll share your feedback the the team first thing tomorrow. 
Photo of Edward Gonzalez

Edward Gonzalez

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Amber, any updates on the possibility for a stripping kit for the ego mowers?
Photo of Jason Martin

Jason Martin

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, we need a lawn striping kit for EGO lawn mowers.
Photo of SarahC

SarahC

• 62 Points
Hi EGO - Also looking for an EGO striping kit. :)
Photo of Andrew Andrews

Andrew Andrews

• 60 Points
Also looking for an EGO stripper.
Photo of Feedbacknoise

Feedbacknoise

• 626 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
now now
Photo of hayley

hayley

• 232 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just ordered the Toro but not sure it will fit my LM1903E-SP
Photo of hayley

hayley

Good news with some adaption using longer nails and bolts it fits and works really well. Fit at the top of the first section of handlebars just below the locks. It was a bit of trial and error. Important you need M6 bolts to fit the final clamps I think I used M6 60 in the end but you will need a few washers/spacers as you need to make sure the teeth are locked. Will make sense when you build it.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,714 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hayley, if you will, will you post a few pics of your mod? It would be very interesting to see.
Photo of hayley

hayley

Here you are
Photo of hayley

hayley

Where on handlebar
Photo of hayley

hayley

Bag slots on and off no problem. I do remove it when I store as I need to collapse the handlebars until I get my new shed. The handlebars do need to be on the lowest setting which is fine for me however I attached it on the lowest setting so perhaps if you have the bars higher (your preferred height) when attaching you could put the clamps lower down.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 100,366 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Haley - this is an often discussed topic - great that we can now point people to the Toro striper.  LM1930E ? so you are in the UK / Europe ?

Now we need pictures of  the finished product - your striped lawn
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 65,714 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Nice, clean install. Well done.
Photo of hayley

hayley

Have to say I was very chuffed especially all the trial and error and 5 visits to the hardware store! Even though all the reviews said make sure you use dry sand which I made point to get, it turned out to be wet and took for ever to fill the tube! Make sure you get pouring sand.
Photo of Shelby H

Shelby H

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for the info Hayley, I'm hoping to get either the toro or checkmate striping kit.

I tried making my own striper with a piece of pvc pipe and end caps which worked well, however, I could not find the proper hardware and brackets to have it stay on the mower securely (without having it look jank).

Someone has made the checkmate striper work on their Ego here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZZHE0piIoU
Unfortunately, he has no video explaining everything... but it can even stay on when the lawn mower folds up (so +1 for the checkmate over toro)!!!

It's honestly a shame that Ego doesn't make a striping kit.
(Edited)
Photo of Shelby H

Shelby H

If anyone would like to see the Ego with a Checkmate striping kit, here's mine (this thing looks pretty ridiculous with the bag on in addition to the striping kit lol):

Photo of Shelby H

Shelby H

If anyone would like to see the Ego with a Checkmate striping kit, here's mine (this thing looks pretty ridiculous with the bag on in addition to the striping kit lol):

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 100,366 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
thanks for the Pics Shelby
Looks good !
Photo of eborchardt

eborchardt

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled EGO Lawn Striping Kit.

I would really like to have an official striping roller attachment for my mower and I'm sure many others would as well. I need to take my lawn to the next level and the solid stripes will help me to dominate my neighborhood. Can you please make one? I have the 21" self-propelled model. 
Photo of D D

D D

• 262 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Stripe Roller.

Are there any lawn roller stripe kits available for the Ego 21” self propelled lawn mower?