Lawn Mower Self-Propelled Feature

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

This is my third season with my LM2102SP. I don't use the SP feature often but remember needing to be "re-trained" with the EGO vs my Toro. There is a delay after you pull the lever until the wheels begin to drive and the locking of the wheels if you run the SP too close to an object and need to pull in back.

My son bought  the LM2022SP - yes, had to outdo the old man. He called me after using it the first time this weekend. He asked about the two issues I mentioned above and told him he would get used to it.

Two other issues he told me he encountered I have never had and wondering if they were normal: 1) he found the speed control to not work great - either too fast or too slow (my speed control is very smooth transition slow-fast). 2) he said a few times if he was making a turn and pulled the SP on it would not engage at all.

He has long straight runs in his back yard and wants to use SP most of the time. He did mention he liked the cut from the mower but was wondering if he has a SP issue.

Mike
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,538 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 18,658 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
On my 2nd season either the SP either no issues; works as expected compared with my Black and Decker SP. Overall performance is superior with the EGO and like the interchangeable batteries; no waiting for a recharge.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Michael, it sounds like he may have an issue. I would think the two should work very similar. If you have a chance, the best thing might be to try it for yourself and see how different it is.

If there is an issue, best to determine before the 90 day return period since a return and re-purchase is much faster than a warranty repair.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,538 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Blue - check this other thread I found this morning. Same issues as my son:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/lm2022sp-self-propelled-delayed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.