Lawn mower power

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
The lawn mower is great but lacks the blade RPM at low speed to adequately lift the grass and suck all clippings, leaves, etc, even with the high lift blade. Any way to manually use the high speed option or possibly on future models?
Photo of James Beckering

James Beckering

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 7,076 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You mean force the blade into high speed? If so, I'm not so sure you would be happy with the battery life especially if you have a larger lawn. Near the end of last season, I ordered the high lift blade and found it did a better job picking up grass clipping and the leaves if you're bagging. 
(Edited)
Photo of James Beckering

James Beckering

Bryan, yes, it would be worth it with a larger battery or dual battery setup like the snowblower.
Photo of Bryan

Bryan

• 7,076 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I'm not too happy with the snow blower's setup of manually adjusting the speed. I wish it was automatic. I can see though the benefits for some of control for the mower though. Perhaps, the better option is that EGO needs better lift whether that through a better physical design of the mower or at least raising the "minimum" RPM blade speed on their mowers.
Photo of James Beckering

James Beckering

Agreed. I hope EGO monitors this site and considers these ideas. I have noticed several improvements based on suggestions already.
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 50,696 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi James,

I know at one time EGO was floating the idea of having "Power Profiles" via a phone app, which would let you set different performance levels on the mower.  I do not know what has come of that.  It was something talked about about 2 years ago (I think).

Anyways, I think it would be a fantastic thing to be able to set the mower to do specific tasks.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 44,920 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
One thing you might try when trying to suck up  leaves with the mower is pull the mower across the leaves instead of pushing. I've found it makes a big difference in how well it sucks up leaves and things. 
Photo of James Beckering

James Beckering

Thanks Mike. Not ideal but does work better.