Lawn aerator

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: I would also love to see an aerator! Dethatcher would be nice too Complete lawn care equipment through EGO powered machines.

EGO seems it has gone into the 'lawn business' of things. Would be nice to see others for snow (snow blower) etc.

Thought what about a lawn core/plug aerator?? I tried googling and looking for a manual push plug aerator, but only the spike exists. As well or the engine but start over $1000, for something I use 2-3 times a year seems a bit steep.

Dethatcher and lawn aerator seems to be in the right field for EGO. Will be a great start!

Photo of Dan

Dan

• 326 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,328 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I doubt the market is really big enough to justify Ego getting into that space. Plus even the 7.5Ah battery wouldn't go very far on a single charge because of how heavy aerators need to be. Plus you really don't want to own, store and maintain a tool you use so rarely. I have a tiller I use twice a year and just takes up space in my garage the other 363 days of the year. Save yourself the headache and just rent an aerator when you need it.

A Home Depot tool rental guy told me that those are typically rented by entrepreneurs who line up a bunch of customers and then rent the aerator by either the day or week. If you got 5 people to split the one day rental price of around $75 then it's only $15 each. I prefer to find one neighbor to split the cost with and do a 4 hour rental for about $27 each. Either way is still much cheaper than the $50-$75 yard services charge to aerate!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 180,360 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Dan, Ego has confirmed a snow blower for this fall!
Photo of chris muller

chris muller

• 356 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Lawn Aerator (use snowblower platform).

There are no personal lawn aerator machines on the market that are any decent. Lawns should be aerated 1-2 times a year and the cost to rent a unit is approx $100 (so $200 every year) I believe ego could use the snowblower platform with its rotating blade for snow removal as the rotating tines for core aeration. The final piece to the puzzle would be the weight of the unit ( must be heavy enough to pierce the tines into the ground and pull out cores) could add a water tank to the unit and the customer could add water before using it to achieve the added weight needed. Then when finished pull the drain plug and the water would empty for lighter weight storage. If the cost of the unit was $500 or so... it would be the approx cost of 2.5 years of renting a machine. Just my 2 cents
Photo of Erik

Erik

• 11,000 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I could use a Lawn core aerator EGO. I had to pay the lawn service 200$ to do my lawn. Rather buy an EGO one and use my batteries.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.