Lack of sucking power (vacuum) on LM2012SP mower

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if there's a problem with my mower.  I have the LM2102SP and I love the way it cuts the grass.  However, it leaves most of the grass on the lawn after cutting rather than sucking it up into the grass bag attachment.  It is also very poor at picking up any leaves on the lawn.

Does anyone else have this issue?

You can see from the images below how much of the grass drops back onto the lawn/driveway/bark.  This is not in mulching mode, this is with the grass bag attached.

I left a message with customer service this morning and am hoping to get some help with this.  It is not meeting my expectations for a $600 mower.  Does anyone have insight as to what's going on?  Thanks in advance.

Photo of Dan Rackham

Dan Rackham

• 238 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,948 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
We’re listening! I’m happy to let the community know that the EGO “High Lift Blade” (official name to be determined) will be available on TheHomeDepot.com on or around Jan 1, 2017. I won’t bore the community with the intricacies of listing and stocking a new item, but please know that this is the absolute earliest we can make it available. Thanks for your enthusiasm, interest and detailed reports. Our community continues to amaze us!
(Edited)