Kite Army Snowblower Video

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Not a Problem
Kite Army just posted a "review" of the snowblower.

https://youtu.be/55JFxigtWPY

He goes over the main features of the unit, mentions some specifications (and got the charge time wrong for the 5Ah battery, should be 40 min not an hour), then proceeds to "blow" some ping pong balls.

I understand these YouTube reviewers want to be first with a review to get their views up, but watching this actually makes the product look bad in my opinion. We just woke up to our second snowfall this morning up here in good ol Ottawa, why is the latest snowblower review on YouTube using ping pong balls?

Other than the Workshop Addict ice rink shavings test (which was great, I thought), the most useful snowblower videos so far have been from our Champion Jacob, that I've seen anyway.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Wrog

Wrog

• 2,832 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
We had a nice storm this past weekend, but it was rain so I'm still waiting to test mine.  Looks like he's waiting for some snow too.  If the current forecast pans out, we could have some snow tomorrow morning and again Thursday.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I hate to bring it to you but there is freedom of expression in this country. It annoys me when people misinform others, but the best we can do legally and ethically is set the record straight with our own voices. This kind of thing can get me on ranting about peoples' deceptive marketing of tools as well, Toro does it, Home Depot does it, Ryobi and Echo do it, Greenworks does it, Troy-Bilt does it, even EGO does it. There is way too much misinformation in this society for me to respect it a hell of a lot today. ...now I'm all upset >:(
(Edited)
Photo of Kite Army

Kite Army

• 5,456 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey Everyone, love the enthusiasm for EGO tools!  No snow here yet (Google maps puts me 475 miles south of Ottawa) so a bucket of ping pong balls seemed like an obvious choice.  In any case, I'm sure if you check out my video again you will see that I cover a ton of useful information about this machine.  https://youtu.be/55JFxigtWPY
Photo of Jacob

Jacob

• 64,610 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hey!!
We have a celebrity in the house!!
I love your videos.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
There he is! Good to see you here. :D
(Edited)
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,738 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jacob, I thought you were the celebrity here?