Just order my first EGO product

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
I order the 15" String Trimmer and Edger Combo Kit with 5.0Ah Battery and Charger from HD. Looking forward to having a hopefully enjoyable future with EGO. If all goes well, would like to purchase the EGO 21" 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Battery Self Propelled Mower with 7.5Ah Battery and Charger and EGO 142 MPH 575 CFM  blower in the near future.
Photo of M.Tevy

M.Tevy

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Welcome to the club, MT! Let us know what you think of your new toy when you get it!
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,206 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Welcome to the EGO family! Can't wait to see what you think to the Power Head once you've had a chance to try it out. 
Photo of M.Tevy

M.Tevy

Just use my new EGO combo PowerHead/Trimmer/Edger and all I can say is WOW !!!!
Was a slight learning curve compare to my old equipment, (Stihl FSE 60 electric trimmer and Black & Decker LE750 edger) but in no time was able to do my 1/8 lawn very quickly. No more extension cord and able to move from front yard to back instantly. The power from the 5.0 battery is incredible, I was afraid to get to close to my trees that I might actually cut them down
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Cordless is INCREDIBLE if you're coming from corded outdoor power tools!  I used to have a corded electric mower and it took me as long to deal with the 100ft cord as it did to actually cut my lawn!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,948 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I know the feeling exactly M.Tevy, as I used to own a "corded" Black & Decker hedge trimmer - until I accidentally cut my power cord.  That was the last straw for me - a year later, I basically own every EGO tool except for the Snow Blower & Chain Saw.  Enjoy using your new tools and let us know if you have any questions ... :)
Photo of M.Tevy

M.Tevy

Thanks Blue Angel & David HD, I do have a question. What do you use to oil/grease the transmission gears on the edger and trimmer?
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Great question! I haven't used mine enough yet to worry about it, but let's see what the manuals say:

So lube with grease every 50 hours of use or so... about once a decade for me then. :-\ Methinks it might be a good idea to squirt a little grease in there every couple years even if you haven't hit 50 hours. Lubricant additives do break down with time.

It would be nice if we knew what type of grease to use. Perhaps Ego could shine some light on that?
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,206 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Our team is recommending recommending type EP2 grease. Any white lithium grease would also work. 
Photo of M.Tevy

M.Tevy

Thank you Amber.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Thanks Amber! Perhaps an update to the manual is in order? It is a little odd that there's no recommendation. :-)