Just bought hex-screws for snowblower - is the parent company CHERVON or CHEVRON (oil)?!!!

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Duplicate

I just ordered a set of 5 hex-screws for my snow blower scrape bar (a couple fell off, and my replacement scrape bars never came with replacement hex-screws).  When I saw the charge come through on my credit card, it came through as "CHEVRON NORTH AMERICA", as in the oil company!  I always thought Ego's parent company was "Chervon" - as in the power tool maker?!!  Anyone?!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

• 9,192 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike

• 15,862 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
It's Chervon. I wonder if your CC company made a data entry error? 
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

It's always possible, I suppose.  Just wondering if anyone else has ordered parts from Ego direct and noticed what's on their statement...
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike

• 15,862 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I have received items from Ego. Always says Chervon.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@Oregon Mike - my shipping invoices and paperwork from Ego always say Chervon as well, but I'm talking about your credit card statement.  What do the charges show up as?
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

** ARRRRGHHHH ** !!!!!!

I just received the hex "screws" that I ordered from Ego.  The customer service rep sent me the wrong part - she sent me five hex bolts.  I specifically told her I needed the 5 hex screws for the snow blower scrape blade.  WTF
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 53,614 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Our apologies for the mistake! Our service team has looked into your case and is sending you the proper part via 2nd Day Air. We're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.
(Edited)
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike

• 14,934 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Silver lining? At least you have some free screws for whatever you might need them for. Frustrating, though, especially if you are needing to use the snowblower and the screws are holding you up.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@Amber F: I never received the corrected parts.  Can you have your service team check to see if they sent it to the correct address?
Photo of Amber F.

Very sorry to hear that! We're looking into this right now. 
Photo of Amber F.

We show the package as delivered. Can you please give us a call so we can confirm your address privately?
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Calling now.  Thanks
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

*UPDATE*

@Gio got me sorted.  Apparently the corrected item was sent to my old address 2 weeks ago, where I haven't Iived in almost a year.  @Gio is sending it to the correct address overnight.  Thanks @Gio!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

AAARRRGHHH!!!  I'm not sure what's up with EGO's customer service lately, but they've just sent me the wrong part - AGAIN!  I don't know what else I can do to get this rectified.  We have 3"-6" of snow coming this weekend and now I'm screwed.  Thanks EGO.

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 138,636 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That sucks!

Since you’re in a pinch, take that screw to a hardware store and they’ll match it up to something they have in stock. Should be metric.
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Meh... support is supposedly overnighting the correct part - again - which I should have tomorrow.  Snow is supposed to start late afternoon, so assuming they don't drop the ball - again - I should be OK to go.  I paid $20+ USD for these 5 hex-screws from EGO, so going to a local hardware store and buying them again seems like a last resort.

PSA: do NOT lose these hex screws from your snow blower scrape blade!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

I forgot you paid for these! That changes things slightly!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Well, "Kaitlyn" (spelling?) from support was supposed to overnight the correct part on Friday for a Saturday delivery.  It never showed.  Really disappointed in EGO's customer service so far.   They've really taken a turn for the worst.
Photo of Amber F.

Your order is scheduled to arrive today by EOD. Our apologies for the inconvenience! 
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

@Amber F: the point of Kaitlyn overnighting it for a Saturday delivery is that I stayed home to sign for it.  If it's now supposed to arrive by EOD today, no one will be there to sign for it.... because I'm at work.  Can you disclose whether or not this will require a signature to accept?  Will they leave it in my mailbox?
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

[[ UPDATE ]]

I finally received the correct parts.  EGO customer support also included a new scrape bar for all of my hassle, and having said that - I now see why there was so much confusion.  I have one of the very first snow blowers, having pre-ordered mine back when they were first announced in 2016.  Apparently somewhere along the way, EGO re-designed the scrape bar, and it is totally different from the original shipping version in how it attached to the metal chassis.  

Presumably because the little embedded nuts in the original plastic bar were being torqued down and cracking the scrape bar, the new scrape bar is redesigned to have a larger area at the top of the bolt, contacting thicker plastic, and you now have to use an 8mm socket wrench to tighten down the nuts.  There are no longer any hex-screws.  

Here's a clip from the installation guide of the newer designed scrape bar (I wonder if the quality of the plastic has been increased, as these actually seem thinner than the older ones):

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Thanks for the great info DJ! Hopefully this saves someone else some trouble if they’re in the same situation as you, and maybe offers customer service some valuable feedback as well!
Photo of DJDDay

DJDDay

Agreed.  Honestly, it was a major screw up on EGO's part not having this information available to the 4-5 different customer service reps I dealt with during the whole ordeal.  It should literally be a post-it or pop-up at their workstations so whenever someone orders scraper blades or parts related, they can see it.  It should NOT have been this complicated.  

Hopefully they learned their lesson!  
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

If they don’t already, they should have a “break” point when the new style attachment hit the line and every unit after that serial number has the updated parts. That would tell them which version to send as a replacement.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.