How do I register a gift?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
RECIEVED •56V Lithium-Ion Cordless 16" Chainsaw Model No. CS1600 Serial No. NCS02151102238 AS A GIFT. RECEIVED THE EMAIL THAT WAS SENT AFTER REGISTERING WHICH STATED Reply to this email with an attachment- warranty@egopowerplus.com AND SITE WOULD NOT CONNECT SO THAT I COULD STATE THAT MY EGO CHAINSAW WAS A BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM ANOTHER. NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Photo of james

james

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of TK

TK

• 4,276 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

That is a good question. I gave a mower as a gift ,and I ended up registering the mower myself rather the owner, but this won't always work..

Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If the original gift giver had asked HomeDepot for a gift receipt that they could have given with the present, then you could send them that.
Photo of matt.mackinnon

matt.mackinnon

• 5,476 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
After thinking about it James.  there is another way that might be a bit frowned up.  

If you order the chainsaw from Homedepot as they ship for free.  Then you get the reciept that EGO wants.  it's an electronic pdf copy.  You can use that to register the product.  the reciept doesn't have a serial number on it so it should be good for the gift saw that you have.  then simply return the un-opened chainsaw box back to your local HD for your money back.

It is a bit of a pain for EGO with their you have to have a reciept thing.  I can understand it as a method of stopping gray market resale of their products.  Most retailers do this.  It comes a problem for us who are not shopping gray market but get a gift. you know it is close to Christmas time, and we do have birthdays each and every year.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi James, give our customer service team a call at 1-855-346-5656 and explain your situation. We should be able to work something out for you. Gifts are accepted as valid registrations.
Photo of Steven Chu

Steven Chu

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Warranty coverage if purchased as a gift.

I was just gifted an Ego mower and just saw the warranty is only valid for the purchaser.  Does this mean my brand new mower is not covered now?
Photo of TK

TK

• 4,276 Points 4k badge 2x thumb

I had that situation also, but can't remember what I did. But I think EGO support fixed it..

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,500 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yep, just give customer service a call and they'll get it registered for you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.