Is there a charger that will work on 220v

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
We're moving to Germany and would like to take this with us.
Photo of Alan

Alan

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of James

James

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Looks like the EGO charger only works with 120v, and uses 550W power.  I think you could get away with something like this:
http://www.sears.com/trisonic-international-voltage-converter-220v-to-110v-1600/p-SPM1786404314?prdN...

Take your EGO with you!

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 1,968 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
A step down converter/transformer would likely work fine.  I've used those overseas with electronics without issues.  Personally I think that's a great suggestion, however... that one James posted is the smallest and cheapest I've ever seen.  I would recommend looking into it a bit further.  It's not worth saving $20 on converter only to fry your $200 battery and $100 charger.  This looks similar to the unit I used: http://amazon.com/Bright-VC1500W-Voltage-Transformer-converter/dp/B000MXZ2XK/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF...
(Edited)
Photo of James

James

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The one that I had linked was found with a quick google search.  I too was shocked at the low cost!  It might be fine, but I concur with Eric.  The one he proposes looks much more robust, and is also much more versatile.  Looks like a good way to go on this.  Even at $70, it's probably less than you would pay even if EGO did offer a 220v charger for you to buy.

Photo of Eric

Eric

• 1,968 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yup, agreed.  There are other options on amazon as well.  I would just search and research a bit.  I would guess you might be able to get into the 40-50 range for a good solid unit.  I'm sure EGO will reply, but I don't see any reason that WOULDN'T work...
Photo of Lloyd Hardin

Lloyd Hardin

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Moving to UK.

I will be moving from the USA to the UK and was wondering if I can recharge my EGO batteries by simply using a plug adapter or will I need a new battery charger?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.