Is there authorized EGO service center in northern VA?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I reside in Herndon, VA. I'm thinking about getting an EGO lawn mower but am concerned about where I would go to repair it  (whether during the warranty period or after). When I called a couple of Home Depots in my area which stocks EGO, they were vague about whether they would service it. One said that only if I purchased a HD extended warranty, another said they would send it off which could take several weeks just for shipping back and forth. Rather than rely on HD, I would prefer to take it straight to an authorized Ego Service Center. Is there any in my area (VA 20171)?
Photo of Ganesh Seshan

Ganesh Seshan

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Eric55

Eric55

• 1,696 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately there are no authorized service centers in NOVA. You have to bring it to a Home Depot and they send it out. The repair time is 4-6 weeks. The good news is that the quality is very high and it usually does not require service. The bad news is that if you are one of the unlucky people you are without your mower for almost two months.
Photo of Ganesh Seshan

Ganesh Seshan

I had visited a HD rental center once and they had a bunch of EGOs with battery issues. I suspect the likelihood of getting 'unlucky' is non-trivial.  
Photo of TK

TK

• 4,286 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
This is a real downside to Ego. The rest is fine....should it have issues within warranty then just return it.
Photo of Ganesh Seshan

Ganesh Seshan

As a policy, I believe that Home Depot doesn't take back appliances after 90 days. 
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Ganesh! Yes, there are authorized service centers in your area. Please call our support team for a list: 1-855-346-5656. 
Photo of Ganesh Seshan

Ganesh Seshan

I did and was told that it is only Home Depot with rental services that are 'authorized service centers'. Frankly, all HD does is send it off somewhere else and I don't want to wait weeks without a lawm mover which was my previous experience with a RYOBI. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.