Is there a hook on the new LB5800 leaf blower that can use the strap (AP5300)?

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Answered
Is there a hook on the new LB5800 leaf blower that can use the strap (AP5300)? Does it support the weight enough to reduce lower back strain?
Photo of Howard Halstead

Howard Halstead

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 54,540 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not sure about a hook as it is not addressed in the manual, but the shoulder Strap is listed as an accessory for the 5800 blower.
Photo of Howard Halstead

Howard Halstead

Right, isn't that the odd part.  Not a word in the manual, not even just a label on one of the many pictures stating hook for strap.  Yet, I did see that the web site also listed it as an accessory, but no stores in my area actually stock the unit.  Can someone confirm that the hook exists on the new LB5800?
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 27,282 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I think it's the part I've circled and identified in Red. It's in a similar location as my 575 blower. Although the strap hook on the 575 looks different.
This is from page 19 of the 580 manual.
Photo of Howard Halstead

Howard Halstead

That seems reasonable -- I could zoom in on your image (better than the PDF of the manual).  With the LB5300, I found extended use (say 1 to 2 hours) can bother my lower back, but this was the first cordless, battery operated lead blower that was able to do the job -- we have several large maple trees in a back yard where using corded models is not practical.  I had used an OLD Troy-Bilt leaf vacuum, but after 20+ years it died.  The leaf vacuum took a lot more time and was much loader,  so I was pleased to find a cordless leaf blower that could do the job!
Photo of Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
OM is correct. I have the blower and can confirm there is a hook for the strap.