Is there a high lift blade for the new 20" steel deck mower? Or perhaps there is no need for it if the lift is improved.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: High-lift blade questions

Photo of John

John

• 2,016 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,068 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I think that the 20 inch high lift blade would work with the steel deck 20 incher, assuming that you can find the 20 inch high lift blade.  EGO consumers have been complaining about not being able to buy the high lift blade due to it not being restocked.  You can, however, order it from Mower Magic (of the UK), they will ship to the United States.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,016 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Our current high-lift blade (AB2101) is only designed to work with the 21" mower. We do not yet offer a 20" version. 
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,154 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Sorry Amber, but Yes there is...

http://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/EGO-AB2001-High-Lift-Lawnmower-Blade-EGAB2001.html#SID=5613

They just won't give it to the US market yet.  Both 20 & 21" have been available for a long time in UK and Europe.

Photo of Amber F.

Nice catch! Allow me to clarify: we do not currently offer a 20" high-lift blade in the US. :-) 
Photo of (a)Typical Engineer

(a)Typical Engineer

• 26,512 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The AB2001 (HL blade) is for both the older gen 1 20" mowers, and the newest BL 20" steel deck mowers (you can confirm this on the UK website).

And if you're impatient, you can chop a AB2101 to fit, but you'll void your warranty:

https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/technical-review-ab2101-high-lift-blade-on-20-mower-mo...
Photo of John

John

Thanks for your replies bloomz and Typical Engineer! I'm thinking of buying the 20 inch high lift blade from mowermagic.com.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you're in the U.S., let us know if they agree to ship here. I tried to order from some UK sites last year and they wouldn't ship here.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,044 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Remember, I called Mowermagic Monday (twice) and they said yes they would.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 73,170 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I don't think I read that comment. That's good news. They also have the multi-tool brush cutter attachment for a reasonable price (although shipping might be steep.
Photo of Tim Ross

Tim Ross

• 708 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have one ordered as well. Utterly Painless, never even had to phone them. Beautiful. 
(Edited)
Photo of Craig E.

Craig E.

• 1,964 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
How much did they charge for shipping and how long did they say it would take to arrive?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 99,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As the various regions (NA, UK, etc) seem to operate somewhat independently and have different products offerings, I wonder if a UK blade installed on a NA mower is considered a warranty violation.  Reason being a 20" HL blade is not sold in NA. 
Photo of Tim Ross

Tim Ross

It's been confirmed by EGO that the 20" HL blade will not void warranty. Though this won't be the case for all items...so it's best to check with them. 
(Edited)
Photo of John

John

I wonder about that too. I'm going to put up a new post asking EGO customer service to answer this questions for us , i.e. If it would be a warranty violation to put the 20 inch blade from the UK company on the steel deck mower from a US company.
Photo of Tim Ross

Tim Ross

This is one of those items they say will not void a warranty. The 20" HL blade from Europe is A-OK for the 'Murica version. 
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

Why on earth would it?  It's made BY Ego FOR Ego.  That's far from shaving down a 21" like some wacko up in here did.  (J/K) ;-)
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,118 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Agreed, I don't see how installing an Ego accessory could affect the warranty?
Photo of Amber F.

Using the 20" high-lift blade on the 20" steel deck mower will not void the warranty. That said, we ask you to keep in mind that applying non-American EGO tools can sometimes void the warranty, as not all tools/parts/accessories are compatible. This is something that has to be evaluated on a case by case basis, so we recommend checking with us first.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 99,218 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Amber
Photo of John

John

Thanks Amber!
Photo of Craig E.

Craig E.

I sent the following to Magic Mower:  "Will the EGO AB2001 High Lift Lawnmower Blade work in the new 20" steel deck SP mower from ego, the LM2022SP? "

Their response:  "Unfortunately that particular blade doesn’t fit the machine you have mentioned.

As for shipping to the states, you’d be looking at a couple of weeks.

Dave Wilson / Customer Service
01522 690005 / david.wilson@mowermagic.co.uk"

So, I think we need confirmation from someone who receives it and tries it...

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 98,758 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As the AB2001 is not available in the North American(NA) market it probably does not list NA models as models to be used on.

Amber indicated that it does not void the warranty.  I think that is pretty definitive that the blade is made for use on the mower
(Edited)
Photo of JWBozo

JWBozo

• 1,508 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I've had one on order for two weeks. Will post data as soon as I try it.
Photo of Craig E.

Craig E.

I received this response from ego customer service via email when I asked "When will there be a high-lift blade available for the brushless steel deck mower?":

"Hello Craig Ephraim,
Thank you for the email. The high lift will be available by the end of this month towards the beginnig of next month.
Thank you and have a great day.
Sincerely
Ego Customer Support"

What the what?  Amber?  Please confirm!
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

• 14,044 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
They've said stuff like this before...
Photo of Amber F.

We are checking into this right now. I'll post as soon as we hear back. 
Photo of Amber F.

It appears you were given the wrong time frame, Craig. Unfortunately, the high-lift blade will probably not be available until later next month. Also, please keep in mind that this is the 21" blade. Our apologies for the confusion. 
Photo of Craig E.

Craig E.

Wow!  I even spoke with Caitlyn on the phone earlier today and she confirmed that it was the 20" blade that would be available at the end of July!  Poor communication, guys.
Photo of Amber F.

Wait, no. We are on the same page: "later next month" is the same as "end of July." :-)
Photo of Craig E.

Craig E.

Sort of.
Photo of Lion

Lion

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why would EGO offer a 20 inch HL blade in the UK and NOT offer it in North America?  Amber - pls research an answer.  Thanks!
Photo of John

John

That'd be great if it's available in the next few weeks. However, I already ordered one from the UK. I was told by EGO customer service that there were no plans to have this blade available in the US this year.
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

I already have one, but I ordered a backup from Amazon since they seem to be the only US vendor to ever get any.
Photo of Craig E.

Craig E.

You already had one for the 20" steel deck?
Photo of bloomz

bloomz

No, mine is for the 21" Self Propelled, but I am sold on it.  Had I not lucked out an got one on Amazon, I would have bought one from the UK knowing what I know now.  We all tried waiting on Ego but there comes a time when you have to fend for yourself!

Photo of David Nichols

David Nichols

• 248 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled High Lift blade for the LM2022SP Steel Deck Mower?.

I have seen some comments referencing a "high-lift blade" for the Ego mowers. Is it correct that this blade does not come with the LM2022SP Steel Deck Mower? If that is the case, I see a part # AB2101 available as an accessory, but the description indicates it is for use with the LM2100SP/LM2100 - I don't see a mention of the LM2022SP - Will this work with the LM2022SP?

I would also like to know what makes this different from the stock blade shipped with the mower. I see a reference to "enhancing efficiency when bagging grass clippings" (I do bag my clippings - thick St. Augustine grass) - Could someone provide more detail about this blade? Anyone that has used it can indicate a noted performance improvement over the stock blade?
Photo of Lion

Lion

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am still waiting for an answer regarding a HL blade for my steel deck mower,

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.