Is the string trimmer kit ST 1502-S with the split shaft, quick charger, 2.5 battery and bump head. Is this kit still available

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Is the ST 1502-S kit with the split shaft, quick charger, 2.5 battery and bump head. Is this kit still available
Photo of CD

CD

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The model with older bump head with the green button on the bottom (not rapid reload) does not seem to be available at Home Depot or Amazon any longer. The newer model with the rapid reload head is available at Home Depot. I got one about 3 weeks ago, love it, although truth be told, I have not yet tried to reload the string.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-in-...

It has the standard charger not the quick charger. The unit with the 2.0 battery and standard charger is still available
(Edited)
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 160,732 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The RR Head model has replaced the original model. You might find the original at a retailer other than HD, just be careful it's an Authorized Retailer or the warranty will be invalid.
Photo of Egocentric

Egocentric

• 6,228 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
They actually had one of the older models mixed in with the new ones when I bought mine. I saw the green button on the head on the photo on the box . I had to dig the next box out.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 160,732 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
My local HD had a whole skid of them wrapped and marked "Yard Sale" a few weeks ago. It's possible they have some left, I guess.