Is the LM2001 discontinued?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
The Home Depot in my area has removed the LM2001 from its offers, is the 20" mower being discontinued?
Photo of Albert Lee

Albert Lee

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 54,658 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response

Hello Albert,

It has been replaced with the 21" models.

• LM2100 Non-Self Propelled (no battery or charger)

• LM2101 Non-Self Propelled with battery and charger

• LM2100SP Self-Propelled (no battery or charger)

• LM2102SP Self-Propelled with battery and charger

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I believe the 20" mower is no longer being carried by Home Depot, who is currently the exclusive seller of the 21" models SCDC mentioned above.

However the 20" still seems to be available at all other authorized Ego retailers like Amazon:

EGO Power+ 20-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Lawn Mower - 5.0Ah Battery and Charger
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EAGSKK6/

Photo of David Cline

David Cline

• 37,182 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The Amazon price on the 7.5Ah 20" mower kit makes the 21" SP kit at Home Depot the obvious better deal!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Albert, as David and SCDC said, the 20" mower is still available with Amazon.com. Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/EGO-Power-20-Inch-Lithium-ion-Cordless/dp/B00NOGZCI2?ie=UTF8&refRID=9H9Q7Z...

If you want the newest mower we've released, that would be the 21" mower at The Home Depot.
Photo of Albert Lee

Albert Lee

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for all your answers. I managed to obtained probably one of the last LM2001's from Home Depot. It was manufactured April 2016 and now it is discontinued. Go figure!
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Albert, this mower isn't out of production. It's just discontinued at The Home Depot and carried by Amazon.com and other authorized dealers instead.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.