Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

• 13,128 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
  • concerned

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It would make sense to replace it with the 580, but as of now it’s still in stock.
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
The 575 CFM blower is not being discontinued. However, it will no longer be available at Home Depot as a bare tool (LB5750). 
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Thank you.  Since RCPW has a better deal on the kit, I'll be getting it from there when I have more money to spend.
Photo of Rick

Rick

• 1,094 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Are they going to fix the kit price if they aren’t selling the bare tool anymore?
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

It would make me happy and more likely to buy it from Home Depot.
Photo of Nate H

Nate H

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
@Amber, I was told by customer service on Friday and by our distribution network (who can't get any more 5750's) that the 5750 and 5754 were being discontinued. I was even told that all future warranties we write on 5750's are being proactively replaced with 5800's. Now you're saying we can still get it? I personally like it better because of the throttle lock.

Nate
RCPW
Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 68,272 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
We're so glad you posted, Nate! It appears you were informed correctly: the 575 CFM is slowly being phased out. Support will continue for the tool (we'll still have parts, accessories, etc.), but the tool itself will no longer be available in the future.
Photo of Nate H

Nate H

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thank you very much for the clarification!

Nate
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Whats the reason for the upgrade to 580 cfm unit? I have the 575, just curious.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

To me, I don't think it would be an upgrade because I have customized my 575 units and based on what I've heard, the 575's fan assembly (EDF) is quieter than the 580's, so I'm sticking with the 575 and am going to buy that over the 580.  The 580 is a perfectly good unit, it just isn't the one I want.
Photo of Steve Valdes

Steve Valdes

• 6,194 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Do you know why they came out with the new model? It couldn't have been just for the extra 5cfm.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

It might be the 2018 improvements implemented.  People like the turbo button, so it comes back.  EGO liked the tapered attachment idea, so they implemented that.  They probably also made some other miscellaneous improvements and fixed up some nooks and crannies and other issues that people on the forum mentioned.  They also had a backpack blower with an interface very similar (check this thread: https://community.egopowerplus.com/ego/topics/new-backpack-blower-commercial)  I think they are working some other stuff out on that unit before releasing it.  
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The main differences are the control interface and the lower low speed.

There’s apparently a new tapered nozzle design, so perhaps the new fan works better at higher static pressure (restriction)? Just a guess.
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

It does.  I created the system on my 575 unit and suggested it to EGO.  I think that is why the 580 comes with that attachment.  Besides, I recently discovered that this is a common practice in the RC place community.  You actually get more thrust when you taper the flow slightly.

As far as why this works goes, I would bet that it has to do with the cross sectional area of the air chamber at the fan.  If you take that, you will get a donut shape because there is the cylinder that the fan blades protrude from and then there is the outer wall of the chamber.  Then the inner cylinder tapers out, and when you put on the tapered attachment, it creates a circle at the end with the same area as the donut that you will get from taking a cross section at the fan, so when the inner cylinder tapers out to nothing, you will have a low pressure zone that will cause you not to get the most out of the fan because if you let the cylinder go all the way to the discharge and kept the outer diameter of the air chamber the same, you would get 575 CFM at a much higher speed than you would by not having the cylinder in the middle at all and still retaining the same outer diameter, so by tapering the outer diameter, you compensate for the cylinder not being there.
(Edited)
Photo of TheAtomTwister

TheAtomTwister

Additionally, the new fan I do believe is basically the same fan as the older ones with the 480 unit being the exception, though that fan was extremely similar, just its assembly was slightly different.
Photo of Mcklain

Mcklain

• 5,412 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Seems true that the 575 is being discontinued.  My 575 stopped working this weekend (abruptly,  really dont know why...when I pull the trigger my battery LED will light green but nothing starts blowing).  Called custumer service this morning and they are sending me the new 580 model!
Such great custumer service EGO.  The duration for my hole call was around 3 min tops!!
(Edited)