Is Ego going to make a portable power station that would be comparable to the one that Dewalt has????

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Power station/generator

Does anyone know of either an aftermarket or a product in the works that would allow the end user to use these battery packs as a portable power source, Dewalt has already made exactly what I am looking at either buying or making so that I can use these batteries to power my next camping trip! I love these batteries, they look awesome, they are light and they have massive power that they produce, so if there is a way to make use of Ego's batteries as a portable power station/ battery+inverter that can either put out a 12v or make it so that it can hold a few of these 7.5Ah batteries and put out a 120v, that would be awesome. If anyone reading this has seen or heard of what I am talking about and knows of where I can either get the schematics or just straight buy something like this that would be plug and play can you please respond to me on here, Thank You,

P.s.  Here is the link to the Dewalt version of what I am talking about, http://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-Portable-Power-Station-with-FLEXVOLT-1-60-Volt-and-3-20-Volt-Batte...

Photo of Chris Smith

Chris Smith

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,788 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Chris, this is a highly requested item on this board! I would be surprised if this wasn't in the works already, but as with any new addition to their lineup we won't know until Ego is ready to release it.
Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,028 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Chris, this is definitely something we are looking into for the future but have not confirmed it yet. We'll be sure to keep you posted here if this product comes to market soon.
Photo of Tim R. Benson

Tim R. Benson

• 184 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Light weight battery with big charge would be perfect with a 110v inverter for camping etc. I would of thought this would of been one of the first things they added.  If it can power a lawn mover for 55 minutes image how long it could power led lights, charger of accessories or in my case a cpap machine.  
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 179,708 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yep, over 1/3 of a kW/h is a pile of useful energy for a relatively small and light package. Could make all the difference in a power outage.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.