Is EGO developing a riding mower?

• Idea
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Under Consideration
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: riding mower

Future products: Riding Mower?
Photo of Brian McManness

Brian McManness

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • hopeful

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,254 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
It’s on a lot of people’s wish list, mine included. Somehow I doubt it, but you never know. Ego won’t tell anything about new products until very close to the release date, so we’ll just have to wait and see what they come up with.
Photo of Brian McManness

Brian McManness

• 212 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I know that the self propelled EGO out performs the Ryobi.  So, I don't want to buy a Ryobi riding mower if EGO has a riding mower coming soon.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Fingers crossed!
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 8,778 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I am also keeping an eye on the Ryobi riding mower and hoping for an Ego version. (That and a lightweight garden tiller....)
Photo of Jim Shamp

Jim Shamp

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
EGO absolutely needs to develop a battery-powered garden tractor/riding mower system. I had a GE Elec-Trak mower, front-end blade, tiller and snow thrower system back in the 1970s when I lived in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and it was fabulous. It used 36-volt lead-acid batteries. It was powerful and extremely user/environmentally friendly. I have to believe that EGO’s game-changing quality designs could apply current 56-volt battery technology to this kind of system today, and parallel the evolution of electric cars’ return to the mainstream. Consider a riding mower developed like a “mini-Bolt” with a battery pack on the undercarriage to maintain stability and distribute balance. C’mon, folks, you’ve already done the lawn mower. The ride-on platform is the next logical step. I want one. And I know many other people will, too, if EGO applies itself to the job. Yes, I’m aware of other attempts, such as the Raven MPV hybrid (why bother, if you still need to buy/store/maintain ICE tech?) and the wimpy market “rollout” of the Cub Cadet RZT-S Zero electric mower in “select markets” in 2013. EGO is the master of getting jobs done efficiently, with clean and quiet electric options. It’s in EGO's DNA. This is EGO’s territory to own. Please, EGO, go for it!
Photo of Tom Dugan

Tom Dugan

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The Ryobi electric riding mower is getting good reviews, but I am uncertain about getting repairs and warranty service in Fort Myers, FL.  I called the local Ryobi service center listed for the area, but that number went to a fax machine.  I already own 2 Ego walk behind mowers, chain saw, string trimmer, and power inverter, so I KNOW these are superior products to similar Ryobi products.  Ego Warranty coverage is the best in the business.  I have had my Ego mower and a battery replaced under warranty with no hassle.  I love Ego products.  I can wait until Spring to make my riding mower purchase.  My wife and I mow 2 1/2 acres, and my knees are giving out.  Please do not MAKE me buy a Ryobi.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

Agreed!  Anything Ryobi can do I'm sure Ego can do better.  Heck, their new 28Ah commercial backpack battery would power a small riding mower for an hour or more!
Photo of Thom

Thom

• 88 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled riding mower?.
Photo of Marek Dziekonski

Marek Dziekonski

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Riding mower from Ego would be amazing though I'm not sure about cost efficiency with Lithium batteries (vs. lead acid in Ryobi). We really need one this spring so we'll most likely end up going for the Ryobi, but fingers crossed that Ego makes some unexpected announcement in the next month or two.
Photo of DeimosEV

DeimosEV

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Riding mower please!.

I was at Home Depot today and saw that Ryobi makes an electric riding mower. I was very excited about it until I realized that they use a regular lead acid battery to power it. Imagine how much better it would be with a lithium ion battery! Please consider making a riding mower. I love my EGO electric push mower but I have a rather large lawn.
Photo of Colin Aherne

Colin Aherne

• 62 Points
Just seconding all the wishes here.  I'm not a professional, but have several EGO products and the lawn tractor is what I ultimately need.  Ideally, EGO is able to offer a compact, lightweight tractor--maybe around 38 inches, like the Ryobi?-- that can help alleviate the biggest issue with lawn tractors, which is lawn compaction. I'm now in my third season of mowing about half an acre with my 21 inch EGO, which has been great and offers a reasonable amount of walking exercise....but I'm not sure how long I'll hold out.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.