In Virginia is there an authorized repair center for the LM2100 lawnmowers?

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
I just now spoke the tool rental center service tech at a Home Depot. He told me other than checking the battery, he'll do no more in terms of repairs and instead ship the lawnmower to a repair center in Georgia. Does anyone have any other experience as regards repairs?
Photo of Bill Boyd

Bill Boyd

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of William E Hanson

William E Hanson

• 16,070 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
From various posts, Home Depot varies as to competency on repairs and typically it's just minor repairs they can handle. Also The GA location may be the center where Home Depot sends for repairs. Suggest checking with your local professional lawn care shops or asking customer service at 1-855-EGO-5656 (1-855-346-5656). Call early during the workday to avoid long waits.
Photo of Bill Boyd

Bill Boyd

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
After considering two youtube posts presenting possible solutions to the problem I'd experienced, I phoned the help desk at EGO hitting an apparently long queue. Opting to key in my phone number to request a call-back, that call-back came within a couple of hours. The tech had me do a few diagnostic tests of sort (e.g., trying to turn on the head-lights--nope, no headlight), after I went through the tests, providing feedback, the tech asked me to hold as she needed to check with the duty supervisor. Within two minutes, the tech was telling me where possible repairs conceivably could be had in VA; she mentioned Home Depots that have tool-rental, a few area Ace Hardwares, and an EGO-authorized lawnmower repair company to the north of Arlington. I phoned two Home Depots and the Aces, basically getting the same response: more or less, if they cannot quickly diagnose the problem, they'd ship the EGO lawnmower to GA. But such was not the case with the authorized lawnmower repair company to the north. Speaking to Nick, he indicated that they are both an authorized dealer and repair service and have much experience with EGO mowers; he cautioned me that they'd not begin to work on our machine for about two weeks. I asked if he'd seen this problem before. "Yes," he responded, "once." I then asked about the likelihood of being able to make the repair. He said if he could not fairly easily make the repair, EGO would probably authorize getting me a new mower, provided my machine is under warranty. To begin the diagnosis, that shop needed the date we purchased the EGO and a copy of the sales receipt (basically confirmation that the machine purchased in 2018 is under warranty)--two items the EGO tech had not informed me about.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 90,838 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That is the way it should work.  The HD repair system is sorely lacking.