If I still have my mower when it is out of warranty will EGO sell me repair parts?

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
I'm curious if EGO will sell repair parts once a mower is out of warranty.  I asked if I could repair my own mower (in warranty).  They declined.
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,838 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 4,236 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you can buy EGO parts through RCPW.

https://www.rcpw.com/ego-parts/

Photo of Dave .

Dave .

• 21,716 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
OK, I looked at the site but don't see how to determine which EGO part number is the correct one as there are many parts with the same general description.   Do I need to call EGO to get the exact part number for my unit(s)?  Or does a phone call to RCPW suffice to determine the right part?
Photo of Frank Woodbery

Frank Woodbery

• 4,236 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I think if the mower broke out of warranty I would start with RCPW only because EGO is often tough to get through to. Using your cell phone to take a photo of the part may help convey what you are looking for.

You can also refer to sites like this:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1139730/Ego-Lm2100sp.html?page=37

Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 106,038 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Much easier to find with a part number.  Part numbers can be found in the manuals.
If the part number is not listed in the manual a call to Ego CS is in order.
Ego manuals are on the individual product pages https://egopowerplus.com/products

Hopefully now that tools will be going out of warranty soon, Ego will begin releasing more diagrams and part numbers.  RCPW has a great system to find parts based on the make and model, but it does not contain Ego parts yet.  Again, hopefully that will be coming soon.

RCPW also states that they can help you determine the part you need.
Not all of our brands are featured in this tool. Some smaller brands have elected not to be a part of our parts lookup system so you may have to contact us for help. As always, if you need assistance with this tool or you need help looking up parts, give us a call at 800-937-7279 or contact us at RCPW Help.
(Edited)
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

when I go to all EGO parts, and click on an item, there is no picture of the item. There is no IPB in my user manual.  Is there someplace that has the IPB?
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

go to all Ego parts and click on an item - where are you doing this ?

IPB ?
Photo of Dave .

Dave .

illustrated parts breakdown = IPB.    looking on rcpw.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

Currently you really need a part number to search on RCPW as Ego is not part of their parts look up system.  Hopefully that will change soon.  see my post above - you can call RCPW for help finding Ego parts.

The only published parts lists are the limited lists in the manuals.  Again hopefully that will change soon.