ideas for the next revision of the LB5750 Power+ blower (gen 3)

• Idea
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Under Consideration
I've been gathering up the first fall crop of leaves on my 16000 sq.ft. lot over the past couple days - working at the job a bit each day. The spreader nozzle helps quite a bit and the strap sure does take the load off the arms and shoulders (especially with a 7.5Ah battery attached).

Tip for the strap designers: the metal link joining the strap ends looks like it will in time wear at the strap edges because of the way the link rotates and bunches the strap end when under load.

Not certain making the link more square would help or if it would need to be circular to keep the bunching and edge wear at a minimum.

This tool needs at least a finger grip ahead of the existing hand grip - to afford a two-handed grip while in use. I've added one myself with a bit of techie hillbilly ingenuity. It helps in aiming/sweeping and when changing batteries (no accidental trigger). It would be prettier if the added grip were styled like the forward grip on the String Trimmer, but I don't have those kind of materials at hand.

Lastly, a nudge to the designers: the strap attachment point favors right-handers! I'm a southpaw and I really wish I had at least the option to re-attach the strap attachment bracket to the other side of the tool. As is, it hangs just fine on my right side but it feels wrong. Just a little tweak to the housing and lefties wouldn't feel left out.
Photo of ChrisS

ChrisS

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • mostly satisfied

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Amber F.

Amber F., Official EGO Rep

• 67,034 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Chris! Thanks for your thoughtful feedback and ideas. We'll be sure to escalate that to our design team for consideration.