I just purchased the Ego Mower. Does the mower battery work in the string trimmer?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Need to know if string trimmer can use the mower battery.
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi Brad.  Yes, the string trimmer can use the mower's battery.  As an added bonus, with the mower's battery, you will get approximately double the run time on the string trimmer vs. the 2.0 Ah battery.  All batteries are interchangeable between all EGO Power+ tools.
Photo of John

John

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

So, the mower can also use the string trimmer and blower batteries? Sounds like that is a YES!

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 80,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you are correct!
Photo of John

John

Great. Thanks!
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
John, Ego has designed their tools such that all the tools are compatible with all the batteries. A pretty good idea in my opinion. :-)
Photo of SCDC

SCDC, Champion

• 53,748 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Ahh, this is a first.  I get to somewhat correct Blue!  Replace with all the batteries with all EGO batteries. 

I'm usually the one with typo's.  :(

Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,712 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ah yes! Good catch!

That will be my next idea submitted to Ego; add a feature to their tools that lets me use them with whatever batteries I have laying around... from my Makita drill batteries to a potato with copper and nickel strips inserted, these tools should just run!

Maybe a mower with a massive solar panel so I can cut my grass in the shade! :-)
Photo of John

John

It is a great idea...and now to buy the lawn mower!