I just tried to purchase a SNT2100 Snow blower and the order was Canceled by Home Depot. What is going on?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • In Progress
EGO SNT2100 Order Canceled
Photo of larryandriunas

larryandriunas

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 44,900 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Did you ask Home Depot? What did they say?
(Edited)
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 58,186 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yep, that would be a question for Home Depot. A call to your local store may be in order. Maybe they can help you put the order through.
Photo of larryandriunas

larryandriunas

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Home Depot, who owns EGO, said that there is a problem with product availability.

Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 44,336 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I see your confusion. Home Depot does not own EGO. EGO is owned by Chervon, a Chinese company. Home Depot sells EGO products but definitely does not own EGO.

At least you got an answer from Home Depot. Maybe it'll become available soon.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 57,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm wondering whether Home Depot is letting their stock deplete since it's getting toward the end of February. Warehouse and shelf space is limited and most retail chains are starting to gear up for the spring season.
Photo of Oregon Mike

Oregon Mike, Champion

• 44,336 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Along with Ken's thought, there are other retailers out there carrying EGO products. Amazon, Grainger, RCPW, Ace Hardware, among others. 
Also, on the EGO product page for the snow blowers you can search on other retailers in your area that carry EGO products. Who knows, maybe one of them will have one.
Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 57,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Update: I was just talking to my nextdoor neighbor, who said a buddy of his went to Home Depot looking to buy a snow blower (not Ego necessarily).

Home Depot told him they're out of snow blowers and aren't ordering any more because they already have lawn furniture coming in.
Photo of Ryan LaBarre

Ryan LaBarre

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So I just got my ego snowblower TODAY... First one i ordered from HD.com was lost in the mail (so they say).  Second one got here... Both ego and HD said supplies are super limited, almost no stores have them, warehouses are empty.  Didnt go in to detail, but got the idea production was winding down due to season changing soon.  

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 57,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
A snow blower is an awfully big thing to get lost in shipment!

But yeah, nobody wants to get stuck with a warehouse full of winter merchandise as they're trying to stock up for summer. Such is the life of retail.