I have a 56V 2.5Ah batt from an earlier purchase. Will the 2.5Ah batt work in the 7.5Ah mower as a backup while the 7.5Ah batt charges?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I'm thinking of getting the EGo mower with the 56V 7.5Ah battery. I have a EGo 56V 2.5Ah battery from an earlier purchase. Would the 2.5Ah battery work in the mower as a backup while the 7.5Ah battery is charging? Thanks.
Photo of Kevin Lumney

Kevin Lumney

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jennifer VandeWater

Jennifer VandeWater, Community Manager

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Yes! All batteries are compatible with all tools. As a back-up battery for your mower, the 2.5Ah will work for you.  You just won't have really long run time with that battery.
Photo of Kevin Lumney

Kevin Lumney

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank You for the very quick response!
Photo of summetj

summetj

• 11,100 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I have three 2.5 AH batteries and one 7.5 AH battery. I use the High Lift blade, which reduces my runtime, so I get around 35 minutes with the 7.5 AH battery. Each of the 2.5 AH batteries gives me 7-9 minutes, so I get about 30 minutes of recharging time for the 7.5 AH battery (not enough to get it back up to full....but enough for another 15 minutes of mowing.  (and typically at least one of the 2.5 AH batteries is charged up by then.....but it's a lot of swapping around for not a lot of benefit, so usually I just take a lunch break to fully re-charge the 7.5 AH.)

If you want to really mow continuously, you are probably going to want two quick chargers and three 7.5 AH batteries so that you can charge two of them while using the third.