I got a snowblower!

• Praise
  • Updated 2 years ago
So yours truly was FINALLY able to pull the trigger on the Ego snowblower! I just couldn’t stomach the $900 price of the 2x 5Ah kit, the only option until now.

Home Depot Canada FINALLY sells all three snowblower kits (bare tool, 2x 5Ah and 2x 7.5Ah), and they had a Black Friday deal on the bare tool I couldn't resist. It was on for $450, $70 off the regular price of $520.

A note for anyone interested in ordering this from Home Depot Canada (it's only sold online): The webpage shows 1-3 days delivery time, but this isn't true. Mine was sent by a contracted courier company. It would have been a week at best, though I delayed it until Saturday so I would be home when it arrived.

Super excited to try this out! We're supposed to get 6" of snow overnight and throughout the day tomorrow, so I should be able to give it a shot after work tomorrow afternoon.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

• 178,590 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
  • Awesome!

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Ken

Ken, Champion

• 68,962 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm jealous. I still haven't been able to pull the trigger. Still waiting for a sale.

Of course, central Iowa hasn't had a significant snowfall in all the time Ego's snowblower has been on the market. Last winter I only used my shovel once, for a 1-inch dusting.
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 91,894 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Nice Blue.  I hope you get to try it out soon, but also that it doesn't get too much use.
Mine is standing by waiting to get in the game.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

We’re now expecting 8-9” by tomorrow morning, so the plow pile will be worthy. :-)
Photo of szwoopp

szwoopp, Champion

• 91,894 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Now that is a good test run !!
Photo of David HD

David HD, Champion

• 34,566 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Congrats Blue!!!!  Like Ken, I am still waiting for a good sale before pulling the trigger.  For now, I am using the old fashion shovel and human horse power to get the job done.
Photo of Michael G

Michael G

• 8,384 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Good news Blue I recently purchased one too. I tried it out the other day even though there wasn’t much snow. I liked it except for the scraper bar impacting every imperfection in my drive/sidewalk. I noticed EGO’s scraper is very sharp edged whereas others have a double bevel profile to help go over the bumps. Maybe you can come up with something. I called EGO and they claim someone found a way to apply adjustable skid pads without drilling holes but I couldn’t find a link. Although , searching the internet I read skid pads on a single stage machine would be somewhat detrimental to the paddles pulling power.

Please post an update after you use it.
Photo of Blue Angel

Blue Angel, Champion

The scraper does seem very sharp. I’m guessing it will grab on the interlock brick along the edge of our driveway, the same way my steel-edged snow shovel does.

I already ordered a spare scraper, just in case something takes a bite out of it.

Fortunately, the main part of our driveway is smooth crack-free asphalt, so scraping clean to the ground should be easy, satisfying my OCD. :-)

The double bevel will likely happen on its own. Pushing the blower with the wheels off the ground should take the edge off. That, and going over expansion gaps in the sidewalk.
Photo of Chung Tong

Chung Tong

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
oh ya the scraper can be annoying with sidewalk, but i live with it. good to know that home depot had it on sale.. i have so many eco batteries at home now that i don't need seperate battery and charger anymore.